Sunday, November 22, 2009

Time Spent

 Isn't this just a wonderful weekend? The weather is incredible, and I get to spend time with my favorite people. Plus, Thanksgiving is coming up, and I get to spend time with even more of my favorite people. With the season of Thanksgiving, there's so many things to be grateful for. This weather, my family, my friends, the Gospel, I could go on forever. Life is wonderful!

I also love when my husband brings out his spontaneous side. We've had fun trips to the beach and overnight hotels all due to a husband's spontaneity. Last night was another fun example. We started off the day doing some local shopping and browsing...got lots of jeans, too, because I was out and needed some. Also discovered I dropped a pant size (yay!), but anyway. When we came back home, we watched a couple of our shows together, then sat around completely bored. I had been browsing and making phone calls, trying to find a specific book I've been looking for. It's part of a trilogy, but I only had the first and third. When I saw they were out of stock everywhere, I gave up and flopped on the couch. Gary then looked at me, and said, "I have an idea. Let's go to Fry's."

Most of you might have heard of Fry's Electronics, but it's a huge electronics store. I mean huge. It's a heavenly place for fans of electronics; including computers, appliances, audio, television (just think of it as a giant Best Buy...but better). Now, we don't have a Frys in our area. The two nearest us are in Oxnard and Woodland Hills. So, since Woodland Hills is the closest, we went there. Woodland Hills is about 30 miles south of us, between Thousand Oaks and Burbank. So, we went there, and had fun! We spent a good amount of time in Fry's, with Gary looking at expensive computers and talking about buying one for himself. Luckily he didn't jump into that just yet, lol. But we had fun. We also stopped by Borders, where I found the book I was looking for, so yay! We drove around the city for a bit, and our thoughts were, "It looks expensive here." And it definitely is! Much more expensive than Valencia. The median home value in Woodland Hills is $730,000. So...yeah. Lol. But we definitely liked shopping there, so it looks like a trip we'll be frequently taking for now on, especially now that Gary knows how to get to Fry's :). So, we stopped for burgers while there, then headed home. So, here's some pics of the Fry's there:


See why Gary loves it so much? That's okay, I like it too! Woodland Hills:



Looks pretty expensive, huh?

Anyway, that was yesterday, and I loved it! Sunday today has been wonderful so far, too. We're grilling up some pork chops; yum! And this wind is great!

Friday, we had some Spiced Apple Pork Loins, from Sam's Club. When I went shopping there, they had the holiday tasting there. Sam's always has tasting when you shop there, but this time was different. Big chunks of cheesecake, full buffalo wings with ranch, hot cocoa, Martinelli's, etc. Let's just say that was my lunch that day! But the meat came out DELISH!

Well, time to get started on the salad for dinner! This week should be even more amazing; Gary works Monday and Tuesday, then gets home early on Wednesday, we visit my family for Thanksgiving, and then Gary also has the following Monday off. So yay, lots of husband time. He gets a 5 day weekend. Woo hoo! I'm excited!!







2 comments:

Megan said...

Fry's is awesome! There's one in Burbank and it's decorated all like a UFO attack. :)

And I totally agree, this weather is awesome! I hope it stays like this the rest of the week! Hope you guys have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!!

carrin said...

Don't forget we're going to Knott's Berry Farm on Sat. too !!!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...