Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Insanity in my Sleep

 For realz.

 Last night was an interesting one. My dreams were so strange, I thought I'd share. Some even brought back past memories :)  Now, I'm the type of person who remembers my dreams, even details and names. I could tell you what I dreamed of yesterday, last week, even months and years ago; including details and all. I have no idea why I'm able to do that. Also, I have the ability to fall back into the same dream even after waking up. At one time, I was having a specific dream, woke up, went to the couch because I wasn't feeling well, and went back to sleep, continuing that same one. Maybe it's because I'm a light sleeper? Who knows.

Anyway, the first one I clearly remember. Now, you'll totally laugh at me because it's lame. So, you know how the whole "Twilight" thing is huge right now, especially with the new movie coming out? Honestly, I read 2 of the books, and half of the 3rd before I stopped completely, losing interest. I just didn't like the writing, and thought I'd see how far I could stick it out. I think the whole teenage thing ruined it for me as well. Okay, now for the dream part. The actors and actresses of Twilight were coming to Valencia to do some stage movie performance. Because we were residents, we were told we could go backstage and be there the entire show. I wasn't interested. But, of course, Jazmine called me up, frantic, demanding I take her at least. So, I did. We were sitting backstage with a bunch of crazy hormonal teenagers, and a bunch of the cast came out, but nobody huge yet. They were dressed up and getting ready to go on stage. So, they walked down some stairs, to the stage, and I remember thinking, "Well, this is lame. What's the point of backstage seats? We can't even see the performance. I don't care about these people." And then, of course, Edward walks backstage. Not even in my Backstreet Boy days did I hear this much screaming and insanity. And this point I was looking for ways to escape, but I was out of luck, considering Jazmine was gripping my arm and pointing, "It's him, it's him!!" Well, the British dude who plays Edward was posing and taking it completely to his head, saying, "Yup, it's Edward, I'm so awesome" (you know, babbling like an idiot). Because of this, I rolled my eyes and paid no attention to him. Then, to join him, the chick who plays Bella and the other dude who plays the werewolf, Jacob, came out to accompany him. Again, more hormones broke loose and I thought this would be my death. Eventually they disappeared onto the stage. Thank goodness.

Well, some girl brought her toddler, who was running around backstage, holding a back of uncooked chicken. Clearly I was confused at this point. And, the toddler ran to the stairs. But since the mom was probably Jazmine's age (which wasn't confusing or surprising at all, unfortunately), she was frantic like the rest of the little girls and was paying no attention. Okay, so maybe she was big sister, I don't know. Was I the only adult there?? I had no idea. Well, as the baby was holding the chicken and running for the stairs, I ran over to him and got him, just in time...probably saved his life. The girl ran to me and thanked me, and I stole her bag of chicken and said, "I'm taking this as payment; now get out of here."  She nodded her head and ran off. Seriously the strangest thing ever. I even remember at one point telling her I'd buy her more chicken if she controlled her baby the rest of the performance. So, because I was closer to the curtain at this point, some girl actress came backstage and started demanding I do my job and make her look nice (she thought I worked there). I said, "Sorry, honey, all the makeup in the world won't fix that.", and went back to my seat, leaving her to storm off mad. I'm not that mean in real life, honestly, lol. I'm too shy to be mean like that (to a stranger, of course :) ).  But, I believe that was the end of that dream. I just remember it coming to an end, and Jazmine and I walked out to the street to meet the rest of my family.

Now, on to dream #2. This brought back slight memories. Gary and I were staying at my parents house. While in this dream, I remembered the first dream, so this could have been a continuation, I don't know. Anyway, a whole bunch of relatives and other family members were over. Gary and I were locked away in a bedroom, to avoid the chaos (it was LOUD). I looked on the floor and found a whole bunch of sewing needles. So, I got down on my knees and started picking them up. There were a lot. As I was collecting the needles, I was putting them aside on a desk.  At one point, I felt pain in my hand. I looked down, only to see a needle buried deep in my hand, the upper part, below the middle finger and ring finger. I thought, "Well, that's not good." and started pulling it out. It was seriously half-way in there. Although there was pain, I pulled it out of my hand, and put the needle aside. There was a nice hole in my hand, too. So, I wrapped it up and continued. Gary eventually joined me, and then it happened again, except my other hand. There was a lot of pain involved, so clearly my brain thought I was in pain. So, yes, you can feel pain in your dreams. I pulled this one out, annoyed at this point, and wrapped my other hand to stop the bleeding. It seriously felt like hours, before we collected all the needles we could find. Frustrated, I walked out of the bedroom to find out HOW that happened and why I had to spend so much time cleaning up someone's mess. Now, in reality, I would probably be slightly annoyed, but not like this. This is the memory part; I felt all hormonal like a teenager (I guess the situation is reversed from the first dream, right?). I finally got someone's attention, and asked who had needles out. My mom jumped in and said, "Oh, it was me." Before I could explain what I just went through, she pulled me outside to show me her project. There was a new dining room set, new sofa, and new beautiful furniture. The sewing part was not the wood, of course, but the seating pads and a few other touches. I wasn't mad at this point, just confused on how my mom pulled this off (no offense, Mom). So, I went back into the bedroom.

I then realized it had been days since I had taken my medication, and I became desperate to find it. When I walked back out into the danger zone, I started asking my mom if she's seen it. She would begin to answer me, then get interrupted by someone, and eventually forget I was asking. This happened to every person I'd ask. Eventually I was getting completely ignored because everyone would not shut up and stop yapping their traps a mile a minute. Once again, teenage hormones raged, and I started shouting, demanding my mom find my medication. At this point, it made me look crazy. I mean, who wouldn't see a lady screaming for medication like that and not think it was for mental issues? This ticked off my dad, who followed me with a flashlight to the bedroom, and began chewing me out about respect. Okay, so not just a flashlight, a mag light, and clearly I was a little worried I'd be bashed in at this point. Gary, sat quietly on the bed and didn't say a word. I screamed back at my dad to shut up and leave me alone (oh, the memories)
and tried to explain I was just looking for my medication, but everyone was ignoring me. But, naturally, he ignored me during my explanation, and walked off. Now I was furious. I glanced over at Gary who was in lala land, probably blocking everything out, and stormed out of the bedroom. I walked into the kitchen, and started pulling things out onto the floor, trying to find my medicine. My mom came up behind me and tried to hug me and apologize, but I kept screaming at her to leave me alone, blaming her for the entire problem in the first place (really, Mom, so sorry). When she wouldn't hush, as well as EVERYONE else still yapping away in the super loud chaotic house, I went "SHHH!!!" really loud. I then realized at this point I was in bed, and I had just Shh'ed myself awake. I took a deep breath, and thankfully, knew it was all a dream. Of course the cats looked at me like some crazy woman, but immediately began meowing for food. Was I really that bad as a teenager? Dang, so sorry. I wonder if having a  stressful dream like that can actually harm you in reality? Lol.

Oh, but that was my interesting night. Not much to do today, except run a few errands and mail off a package. Hope you enjoyed laughing at me. Later!

5 comments:

Carla said...

I did enjoy laughing at you. Love it. Do you ever have lucid dreams where you control the content of the dream? Love those!

The Pollocks said...

Yeah, I have those all the time. Most of the time I know I'm dreaming, and all I have to do is, "Okay, it's time to get up now and make Gary's lunch." So I'll wake myself up. Sometimes I'll drag it out if I want it to last longer, lol.

carrin said...

LOL, I hope we didn't really ignore you that much! You'll have all daughters, lol

Carla said...

Yeah seriously, you know the old adage, "What goes around comes around?" It's true. Prepare yourself now.

But anyway, remember how your parents used to forget you all the time? Good times.

The Pollocks said...

I think it was Quinn who was mostly forgotten. I was just ignored :) Lol

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...