Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lotsa Updating

 I've gotten pretty bad with this blogging thing, huh?

Well, Thanksgiving weekend was busy for us! I hardly had time to sit down and blog about it all. But, I am available now, so here goes!

After Gary came home from work Wednesday, we started to leave for Bakersfield. However, after a quick prayer for a safe drive, we heard a funny noise from my car. We then drove to our mechanic to have him take a look. The guy was already backed up with customers, and when we mentioned we were on our way to visit family, he was kind enough to shove us in there. He noticed the belt was almost destroyed; it would have been bad had we driven to Bakersfield. Luckily we caught it then. So, we walked back to our place and waited until he finished.

Finally, we were on the road. We had a fun night in Bakersfield, and Thanksgiving was great as well. I got to see almost all of my siblings, as well as nieces and nephews. The dinner was sooo yummy, too! Gary and I brought our Wii over, so we all got to sit around and enjoy some games. We played Super Smash Brothers for a bit, which was pretty fun. It was funny to see Grannie and Mom trying to figure out how to play, too. So, here's a few pics from Thanksgiving:


Thanksgiving smooch



Brother Quinn and sister Jazmine


Mum and Pops




Sammie and Katrina wanting popcorn

 So anyway, we had a lot of fun there! The Friday following wasn't exactly the most exciting day for us, however. Our brakes now needed to be checked out. So we drove over to Pep Boys (since they know my family), and had them check out the brakes. They discovered the front and the rear brakes needed to be replaced, as well as some other brake-related things. While they were working on that, however, we met up with the Joneses and went out to lunch at Sequoia Sandwiches (also got to see their new cute place). Their son Tyler is just too adorable! He was so happy and full of grins the whole time. So, that was the highlight of the day at least! We had a good time hanging out. The car, in the end (including the belt which was replaced on Wednesday), cost us a little under $600 for everything. So, that was no fun. We do feel blessed that we had no problem getting the money, though.

 Anyway, we drove back home on Friday, and Saturday morning, my parents and other family came and picked Gary and I up, and we all went to Knotts Berry Farm for law enforcement day. We had fun! Gary and I first checked out the Ghost Rider roller coaster, and told ourselves, "Never again!". That ride HURT! It was so bumpy and threw us around. It wasn't too pleasant. But, the other coasters were definitely fun! We also went on some water rides, and got completely soaked on one of them, the Perilous Plunge.




  So fun!! It did kind of hurt on one of the bumps, thanks to another lovely ride we took before it. It was another water ride, some Tidal ride, that damaged my poor tailbone. Okay, so the ride flips you a lot...it hangs you upside down, then flips you back over. One moment I'm resting on my shoulders, the next, my bum slams into the seat. No problem at first, right? Well, next thing I know, I'm being slammed into the seat, yet my bum landed on the leg divider, and I heard an unpleasant sound to go along with it. I said, "That didn't feel too good." And since then, my tailbone has been super duper sore! So many times I'll forget about it, and plop down, only to cry out moments later. Not cool.


The ride which injured my poor bum.


All who went to Knotts: Grannie, my cousin Sally, Mommy, Jazmine,  Daddy, Jazzy's cousin Tiffny, then Gary and I. I was wearing Gary's sweater, so the picture is unflattering, but who cares? :)

 So, Thanksgiving weekend was definitely exhausting, but fun! We came home Saturday and crashed super hard.

 Yesterday evening, we decided to put up our Christmas tree and decorations. It's not all completely done yet, but here's some pictures:


Our little tree

Dexter's new favorite spot (I'll catch him chewing branches every now and then, although the tree is clearly fake). He's currently napping under there right now.


This adorable set from my in-laws. Love it!


This is another cute set from my in-laws. Our little Nativity Set.

 
Santa!

And of course, we all need our mistletoe! :)



Our stockings, and yes there is one for the pets. And of course, the huge stocking here :)

 So, that's that! Gary has gotten me into shooting games, so we've been playing a lot of Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. Makes a husband happy!

Okay, that's the update!

PS-I hate blogger, I hate blogger, I hate blogger, I hate blogger as;dlfkja;sjka;oskdjf;oaskdjf;ok2j345r09uiwertoija;dflkja;skljrpoqi234rj   whoever created the new image thing should not be employed for blogger anymore. It should NOT have taken me over 30 minutes just to post these pictures correctly. Stupid, poorly made blogger. as;ldkfja;sldkfj

All better. Good luck making it to the comments.

















































































4 comments:

Megan said...

YAY for Christmas decorations! I'm hoping I can get Josh to pull ours out this week!
Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. :)

carrin said...

We go get our tree on Sat. Glad you guys had fun this past weekend, I know I did!

KillmerFam said...

I hate that it takes forever to download pics (which is why most of mine are slideshows) however, if you put the cursor at the end of what you wrote and hit the delete button, it will delete the spaces and there wont be a huge gap between your post & the comments!
Looks like you guys had fun (minus the tailbone incident)! I think we might go thi month, too. We've gone the last 3 years! Hope you feel better soon!

The Pollocks said...

Thanks, Jennifer! I'll try that next time.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...