Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our Day


 Our day today was absolutely fun! It's still not over, but we are definitely worn. We'll probably finish the night killing zombies. :)

 That's pretty much what we did Friday evening. Instead of going out and doing stuff, we stayed indoors, watched some shows together, then did a couple of campaigns on the zombie game (Left 4 Dead 2). It's definitely a fun game! Not kid friendly, though, just a warning. The language isn't bad, it's just the fact you're killing zombies that may be bad, lol.

 Anyway, we slept in this morning until about 10am, and I cooked up a big sausage/waffle/egg breakfast. Gary had the waffles, I had the eggs. That definitely filled us up! After breakfast and showers, we headed back over to Woodland Hills/Canoga Park, where we did some Christmas shopping! I know, expensive place to shop, but eh...lol. We didn't shop the mall or anything, just some of the discounted stores like Big Lots and stuff. After that shopping, then we hit the mall. Wow! It was huge. It's a Westfield mall, like ours, except this one made ours look teeny. It's 3 stories, has an ice-skating rink, and just...lots of stores; big companies like Tiffany & Co, Louis Vuitton, Coach, etc. You name it, it was there. Beautiful, too.


I think what I loved most was the Target attached. I've never seen a Target attached to a mall before. This one was huge! Two story Target. It was marvelous.






So, naturally, by the end of the trip we were worn and ready to head home! Since it was around 7pm, and we hadn't eaten anything since our big breakfast, we decided to eat a nice dinner at Souplantation. Yum! Now we're definitely stuffed for the night.

On another note, we got new phones! We have had our old phones for a couple of years now, and were ready to get new ones. They're not as cool as the Droid or iPhone, but we still love them.



 It's the Samsung Solstice, totally touch-screen. We didn't want the iPhone, since it would have cost much more each month just for the bill, and it wasn't worth it. I mean, c'mon...we're not important enough people to need so many things. Plus, these phones are all we need! We have unlimited text, calls, and data usage. We can pretty much do anything online, and we have lots of apps to use. One of the things I discovered while we were on the road, was the Google apps. I downloaded (for free) Google maps. All you have to do is open it, and it will quickly show your current location on the map. From there, you can get directions to and from places just by tapping on them, and you can add locations to your favorites so you can quickly pull them up. I thought it was cool anyway. I don't think it's a GPS, I think they just triangulate your position. Considering we have a good network on our phone, the internet is super fast, and so are the features. I can instantly check my e-mails and facebook as well, too :) Anyway, we enjoy our new phones!

Okay, that's all for now. Time to play video games with the husband. Goodnight!

5 comments:

Carla said...

I'm drooling over Target. Take me there one of these times when I come visit.

carrin said...

wow me too, I love your new phones

The Pollocks said...

I will definitely take you guys there!

Megan said...

WOW! An ice skating rink in the mall! That's crazy! And I think that the little cart pully near the escalaters in that Target could keep me entertained for a very long time. So cool! Anyway, glad you guys had a great Saturday!

Carla said...

Past time for your weekly post...

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...