Monday, March 1, 2010

Welcome to March!

 Saturday, March 20th will be the official first day of Spring!




 You see, I never really realized February Blah's existed until my Grannie mentioned it. It was quite a blue month for me last month! It could also be hormone related, but still. Glad to see March is here and Spring will soon follow! I'm definitely excited about Spring! It's my 2nd favorite season. Well, might actually be my 1st. I love Fall, mostly because it's after the dreadfully hot days of summer (and growing up in Bakersfield, you NEED Fall to come). Winter is eh, it's usually just cold and I'm often depressed. But Spring is marvelous!

Speaking of Spring, I was talking to Gary about having my own garden someday. I just realized a new love and talent for me, which is gardening. I've never done it before, except through school projects and such. But when Gary bought me those roses, and Grannie brought those fresh flowers from her activity while here, I just loved tending to them. I loved smelling them and trimming them, etc. When Gary realized this, he mentioned buying outside plants to put on our deck; and I'm excited at the thought! When we buy our house, I want a garden! Maybe I have a green thumb and just don't know it yet?

Okay, so that leads me to the subject of a house. Our lease is up in a little less than 3 months. Gary has been chatting to co-workers about areas around here, and told me to start browsing for a house again. One of the places which kept popping up is Castaic. It's still close to his work, and it's way less city-like than Valencia. With Castaic, you can at least have a nice yard and a little land. You can get a house, not just a condo or townhouse. Of course, those options are always open, too. But I want a yard, my garden, and a dog!

So, I have of lately been browsing homes in that area. Fillmore was also a suggested option, since the 126 is a free-flowing highway. It's quite possible we may be buying a house rather soon. But we'll see!

The weekend went pretty well for us. On Saturday, we attended the temple. Boy, it was just amazing to be there. I found myself more emotional than usual, and Gary and I spent a good chunk of time together in the Celestial room after. I said many prayers, and he prayed with me often as well. It was a very spiritual and peaceful experience. I love how it always brings us closer together. Always. I learned to appreciate him even more for being such an incredible man, and we've had an extra dose of happiness since attending. It really does make things so much better. And like I mentioned earlier, I've been going through some serious blues and blahs. This was a trip definitely needed to snap me out of it, and know that Heavenly Father is there for us all. Life is good!

Quinny-poo showed up at about 2:30am Sunday morning, needing a place to crash. I found I had only slept minor hours that night...and in the morning, Quinn needed some help with finding a few things. So I found a Nursery sub (thanks Josh and Megan, for everything!! I owe you!), and we spent the day with Quinny-pie, helping him with a few things. Later in the afternoon, I introduced him to Sims, which kept him occupied until he left for LA to hang out with Andre around 4:30. So that was quite fun!

Anyway, I'm very very very blessed. Last night, I was husband-cuddling, and both kitties jumped onto the bed and joined us. I almost cried seeing this, and I just was overwhelmed with love. Okay, so the cats aren't children, but they are family, and they do love us both. And no, normally I don't get teary-eyed when cats join us on the bed...but this felt different. I know someday children will be in the mix, but right now, it just felt good to have everything and everyone all there at once. Things get so much better when we count our blessings.

Okay, so that's all for now. I'm going to go visit a nearby Japanese Garden soon...very beautiful! Just because. But I'll take lots of pictures because it's me! :)

PS- Yoga is a great way to help, too! My body often wonders what the heck I'm doing to it, but it feels great after a nice yoga workout!

6 comments:

Megan said...

I cannot wait to have a home someday for all the same reasons!!! Oh boy oh boy! Doggies! Gardens! Land! And a garage!!! haha :) We're hoping to get out of our apartment by the time our lease is up in November... who knows if that'll happen though. I was browsing one day when I was in a daydream mode and I noticed a lot of the more spacious homes and bits of land were in Castaic too. So if you guys move out there, maybe we'll join you! ;)

I SO wanted to go to the temple on Saturday... we just never got the chance. I need to go so bad, and reading about your experience makes me realize that I need to go even more!

Anyway, I hope that March is a better month for you!

P.S. You're very welcome about nursery. I think Josh may want to put off having children a little longer now, though. haha there were 14 kids to start with, then after 2 crying ones were taken away, there were 12 the rest of the time. I hope they split it soon!

The Pollocks said...

Wow, there were a lot! Now I feel bad, haha. Thanks again for all of that!

Carla said...

Oohh house hunting... FUN! If you don't already have a green thumb, I think you can definitely develop one. Besides just pretty flowers and such, you should grow some fruits and vegetables.

Do you already know what breed of dog you'll want? Well, happy house hunting!

Sarah Smith said...

Castaic also has that awesome lake right there. James and I drove by and I wish they had something like that up here in Bakersfield. You guys would have to buy a boat, too!

Have fun house-hunting!

The Pollocks said...

Ooh, a boat would be awesome.

Yes, Carla, I will definitely grow fruits and vegetables! Yum! We'd love a lab for a dog, or a goldie, but the friendliest one at the nearest animal shelter would be great, too!

carrin said...

Dad would be up there fishing with you on the lake in your boat! LOL, I loved your Temple experience, it made me get teary because that is how I feel when I go, I need to go again too!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...