Saturday, March 20, 2010

Can You Identify This?

So, as I was sitting on the computer this morning, I heard Dexter do some serious meowing, following by something that had me running to the bathroom where Gary was showering, to explain to him why I shrieked. Later, I recorded this:




That was definitely exciting. I had been sitting on the computer, when *flutterflutterflutter* around my head caused me to shriek, jump up, and run to where Gary was for rescue. He just laughed at me. I'm not afraid of birds, but it was one of those "spider on the arm" moments, when you jump out of your skin and run back out of the way. Once I was able to laugh at myself, I went back into the living room to check up on him. Dexter, well, was quite the chattering thing. Lila was peeking around the corner, but unfortunately I had to take action and toss both cats into the bedroom.

It took maybe 10 minutes to get this bird back outside. Anyway, I did take pictures of him, and am now quite curious to see what kind of bird he is. I did some local bird searches, but didn't have much luck. I sent Quinn a pic, so we'll see what he says as well. But, here ya go:






Any ideas? Now, I can easily identify this next picture as somebody with tasty thoughts running through his head:




S0, that was that! Time to spend the rest of the day with hubby. Bye!

4 comments:

carrin said...

dad says a sparrow

The Pollocks said...

Quinn says the same thing! So maybe they're both right.

Megan said...

how crazy!!! I was going to say it looks like a sparrow... although I don't know much about birds so don't take that worth much. ;)

The Pollocks said...

Doing picture comparisons, I'm going with female sparrow...I'm pretty sure that's what she was. Thanks!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...