Friday, March 19, 2010

Blessings and Other Randoms

This is a new great reminder to see everyday. I love having pictures of family-related things around the place, so no matter what mood I'm in, I'm always reminded of how blessed I am.


Our nearest Walmart is doing a bit of rebuilding, so many items went on clearance. That's when I purchased this picture and decided to hang it up in our living room.

I really am truly blessed to have my family. Gary and I were chatting on the bed last night, and once again, the kitties jumped up and joined us. Gary said this time, "And our whole family is here". It was sweet. But cats included or not, I have a wonderful family. I have a family here with me everyday, family in the distance, and a family I grew up with. Yes, all of us kids were quite crazy. I was a mean teenager and constantly called my mom crazy...but looking back at the terrors we were, I don't blame her for her moments of driving up to the cabin to have an evening to herself. Regardless of how many names we called each other, how many times we've punched and kicked each other, or how many times we made each other cry, I love every single one of my siblings; and most definitely my parents. They did such a wonderful job raising us in the Gospel. Although there are idiot decisions being made by a bulk of them, the fact they grew up in the church will always be a constant reminder in the back of their minds; and whether they want to admit it or not, I know a part of them believes it's true. It takes a lot of sacrifice to change your life around and make it adjustable to a Christ-like lifestyle...so I pray everyday for those who lost their way that they may realize the change is extremely worth it in the end. I do know that we will all be together even after this life. What a great feeling to know we are sealed.

I've been finding it quite a challenge lately to cheer up from these blues and find peace. Many prayers and scripture reading have been taking place; and it always makes me feel better. Always. I know it's my hormones. I was actually informed as of recently that I may have elevated Prolactin levels. My doctor wants to run tests next Tuesday to check; then refer me to an Endocrinologist for more testings. Many many people with thyroid disease also have elevated Prolactin levels, which mess up the rest of your hormones (and yes, makes your Estrogen higher) and prevents ovulation from happening. I had never heard such a thing before, but I'm glad it was brought to my attention. In fact, that was supposed to be tested along with my thyroid testing. Whoopsie. If my levels are elevated, I may have to get an MRI to check for a Pituitary tumor, which would be located somewhat under my brain. 20% of people with elevated levels have this. I'm not too worried, regardless of my almost daily headaches. Don't worry, it's noncancerous and could easily be removed if it were the issue. So there, you got my health update.

New subject change again. I had been dreading going to my first D&D game. I read over the player's handbook, reread the rules many times, and had Gary give me demonstrations. I get nervous and extremely shy and anxious around people, so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't look like an airhead. But, it wasn't all that bad. In fact, it was quite fun. I was put on the spot more times than I would have liked, and I stumbled on my words and had to glance nervously around for help at times, but Gary said nobody really cared nor paid attention to my shy, panic moments. We just so happen to be in that particular group who "gets into it." We have two characters who speak in foreign accents, and one who isn't afraid to ask you direct, serious questions. It really did make me nervous, because I'm just way shy. Luckily the DM (Dungeon Master, the guy who tells the story and runs the game) is a nice guy who quickly noticed my noobiness (yes, that's a word), and made it very helpful. Gary was helpful, too. But hey...my decisions made quite a story in the end. See, I'm good. My brother on the other hand, was a level 14 Wizard (I'm a Cleric), who, well, wasn't so good. He was holding the team in a sort of prison. I discovered this, confronted him, and he blew me off. I went to my father, who is a very powerful wizard, but is also very involved in his work. He was too consumed in his book to really listen to me. So I told my brother I would find a way to let them out, regardless of his actions. At this point, he thew me in the prison with the rest of them. We ended up finding our way out...the team split up, and I was leading a member who requested to see my brother himself to my brother. I ended up changing my mind and telling him I didn't trust his actions, and led him in a different direction. At this point, the rest of the team found my father and confronted the behavior of his son, my brother. My father, angry, vanished quickly. At this point, we realize both my brother and my father are outside, throwing spells at each other. I panic, and run out there between them to stop them. My brother ends up throwing me quite far, knocking me down, then quickly takes down my father. Throughout the rest of the battle, I'm healing my father and other team members, while they attempt to take out my level 14 brother. See, I'm a level 2. The rest of the team is level 1 and 2. No match for this guy. However, Gary, an avenger, was able to pull my brother out of his power-square (he had created some sort of force that fed him his power). The DM rolled a 1, which is a fail role (the DM controls anybody who isn't one of us...so, my brother in this case). Everybody else got a free hit because he was pulled out of his power-square...and owned him. It was actually hilarious because he wasn't supposed to die. The DM just shook his head and couldn't believe we had actually killed him. Our wimpy levels took out a level 14 wizard. Because of this, we all gained 5,000 experience points, which leveled us up. I'm now a level 5, Gary a level 4. So, next week when we meet together, it will be revolved around leveling us up. It was great.

I'm sorry that was probably completely uninteresting and boring to a lot of you. But it was fun!

Anyway, time to have myself a wonderful Friday. It's just been so beautiful outside lately with these warmer temperatures. The trees around here are blossoming and it looks very gorgeous.  The patio door is pretty much opened from morning until bedtime now...making quite a happy orange cat (who is apparently called a ginger tabby, but I say orange anyway).
 I love blossoming trees.
And my little girl, who's been showing a lot of interest lately to the outside world.


She's so pretty.

 Well, that's it. Yay for Friday!

2 comments:

Megan said...

YAY for Friday!!!! And the blossoming trees! I took some pictures of them a few days ago too, they make me so happy. :)

Love the family sign too! I like having reminders around the house about families and the Gospel. Families are the greatest!!!!

carrin said...

Thanks Emilee, that made me cry, well the first part of your post anyway, I started to doze on the D&D Part LoL, I Love you!Glad you are getting your hormones checked

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...