Friday, March 5, 2010

Random Things

 I'm pretty sure this post will be random; but most of my posts are anyway!

 I was hitting myself upside the head yesterday. I was freaking out the night before to Gary, upset about my lack of cycles. It's been the longest it has been; at one point I thought it was going to start, but that was a false alarm. So, here I was, thinking I was doomed. The next morning, a light bulb flicked on, and I thought, "You silly idiot!" I've been taking progesterone for over a month now...which is a good way to regulate your hormones. However, in order for your cycle to show up, progesterone levels need to drop. Oh how silly I was to forget this. I had all the symptoms and mood swings, but nothing...that's because I kept feeding my body the one hormone that delayed what I needed for so long. To regulate, most doctors say 21 days on, 7 days off. Think of it like birth control. Except, I didn't do the off part because I had totally forgotten. So there, I'm taking my 7 day break to allow my body to kick into a new cycle. I can feel the changes on this hormone. The mood swings were pretty bad, but that's because I was taking a bit too much to start out with. However, I noticed I've been sleeping extremely well in the night. I fall asleep within minutes, and feel marvelous the next morning. I've lost a little more weight (20lbs down now!), and I have more energy than before. So, this is good. Something's working.

Now, changing the subject. I'm enjoying school. I'm not attending the local community college...I'm enrolled, but not registered or anything. I instead am going to a private school. You'd think it would cost more, but that's not the case. It actually costs less, and they have a great method of payment, since we make too much to qualify for financial aid. The reason it costs less is because I'm enrolled in a program, not just registered for classes. Anyway, I had my first exam Tuesday morning, and got 100%. I was very proud of myself, considering me + testing = super horrible. It's not that I get testing nervous or anything, it's because I have a form of dyslexia. There are different kinds of dyslexia; I don't have the words reversed kind, but I have the comprehension kind. It's where I have to read a sentence or statement over and over again before I understand, because my mind jumbles it. This definitely hurts me during testing, especially multiple choice. I have learned to work with it, however.

Now onto jobs. I've been looking for a job for awhile now, with no luck. It's mostly to keep me busy so I can bring in extra income. However, it seems these days the only places I qualify to work, teenagers or young adults have a better chance. Or, I don't have enough education. This is the reason I'm going to school...so I can do something. Instead, in my spare time, I do online surveys. They don't pay much, but I have brought in a little over $100 in the past month. So, it's not too bad. Besides, it's fun and easy, and you can quickly cash out. It helps with the little things.

While I was doing some browsing the other day, I realized that most jobs in Gary's line of work are in Georgia. The software he develops is huge over there. I even felt a rush of excitement when I noticed this, especially the fact he qualified for a lot of those jobs. Our lease is up rather soon, and Gary will reach his 2 year mark with his job around the same time. Now, Gary loves his job and the people he works with, so he said if he could, he'd stay at this job. The problem is, it's just so expensive here. So expensive. At this rate, we don't think we'll ever be able to buy a house. Not until I've started working and keep working; which could be awhile from now. However, Georgia is very affordable. Humid, I know, but I guess it's the redneck Holsonbake gene in me that wants to live there. What I did notice, was the salary differences...and I became concerned that Gary is being way underpaid. Gary took this to his boss, who understood, but like most people, wants some facts. So, that's my job today. There's so many factors that would include Gary getting a raise...his coworkers being one of them. They'd have to get raises too. This is why I need to be certain I can find proof. I even looked up his job and what it pays with 5 years or more experience, and let's just say holy cow.

Anyway, that's that. We'll just have to see what happens in the near future.

Any other random thoughts I want to throw in here? I still have yet to visit that Japanese Garden. It's closed today, so maybe Gary and I will go tomorrow. What else? Oh, and of course I'm thrilled for my brother and sister-in-law, with a new Holsonbake baby on the way. We're crossing our fingers for a girl, but a boy would be wonderful as well! I mean, a Holsonbake girl? Is that even possible? I'm pretty sure I'm like the first and only born Holsonbake female.

Okay, time to catch up on my shows and cook up a nice breakfast. Later homefrys.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Yeah, it's probably going to be a boy... dang Holsonbake genes. According to my Chinese lunar calendar it's a girl though lol.

carrin said...

be careful taking hormones without the advice of a doctor, I love you!!!

carrin said...

What areas of Georgia? The Savanna area is nice but very very humid, the ocean is great, so much warmer

The Pollocks said...

Atlanta was the main city for these jobs, but I know how the city there can be. We'd definitely have to get some insight on the best neighborhoods. Savannah was also on the list, as well as Metter and Alpharetta.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...