Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Like New Stuff

Okay, so it wasn't really new, but it is to us!

We decided to do some local browsing and shopping yesterday, just for random things. We stopped at our local Salvation Army just to see what they had. We like going to thrift stores on the weekends, even pawn shops, just to browse and see what deals we could get. Well, because our Salvation Army was under new management, there was a 40% off sale. Add that with the fact it's a thrift store...and yeah. There were people in there grabbing what they could get. We did the same. We found a dining room set, chairs included, in pretty decent condition. We checked out the legs, bolts, etc. Everything was close to perfect condition. The regular price was $100, but with the sale, we calculated $60 for the set. So, we immediately purchased it, then brought it home. I love it! It's so pretty in here. It's not all fancy or anything, but the wood is in great condition, and so are the chairs. Gary says it looks like a table that would fit well in a log home. I agree. It's cute though. I have yet to decorate it, minus the candles and flowers, but Gary says he's going to see if he could do some refinishing (just for the little scratches in it)...possibly even repaint it. But I like the wood and the pattern. So we'll see.



I think it fits well in our apartment.

So, now we have a spare table if anybody's interested. One of the legs is weaker, so you might have to know a bit about repair to fix it. But besides that, it's not too bad. We're keeping the chairs though, lol. Right now I'm using it for my plants.



So yeah, that's our new little addition. Gary says in time he wants a new couch, too. I love our big, comfy, odd-patterned couch, so we'll see about that as well! What we do need, however, are wheels for our computer chair. One snapped off when Gary was on the computer, so we just need to buy replacement ones.

Okie dokie. Time for breakfast, then we outta get ready for church. I love Sundays! Especially on a beautiful Spring day. I'm looking forward to conference soon as well! Easter Sunday, and being able to stay home in my PJ's with Gary. So exciting!

Bye everyone!

PS- I haven't felt the blues in days! I've been nothing but happy. I believe it was the Visiting Teaching that did it. It felt amazing to be able to visit my sisters, and to learn more about the importance of scripture reading. This encouraged me to kick it up a notch, which I've done; and I've felt nothing but happiness and peace. Life is good!

3 comments:

Megan said...

OOOOH it looks sooo pretty! I really like it, looks great in your apt!

carrin said...

That was a great deal, I remember a time I was made fun of for shopping a thrift stores, hmmm lol

The Pollocks said...

Hehehe. I know, we used to tease you for buying generic and being "cheap", but once I was moved out and shopping for myself, I was like, "hmm, I can save a lot of money buying the generic stuff", lol.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...