Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Blessings

 I am very blessed. I was a bit clingy to my husband yesterday after hearing the news of Bishop Sannar in Visalia. You never know when someone so precious to you could be gone in just an instant. Like any Sunday, they woke up that morning and got ready for church. To them it may have seemed like any other Sabbath Day. Anyway, I've been praying for the family. Remember to keep them in your prayers as well. Though a tragedy, it's a comfort to know the family was sealed together and the Lord will take care of those who are suffering.

Our sacrament meeting was very spiritual on Sunday. Our first speaker was a young man about to leave for his mission to south Africa. He gave a wonderful and emotional talk. We then got to hear from someone in the ward who will be leaving and moving out of California. They will be missed! She spoke about finding comfort in the Lord.

We then had a very special musical number. Alex Boye, a European musician and famous gospel singer, sang a beautiful piece of music to us all. He's released many singles, has been featured in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir as a soloist, and is a member of the church. It was just beautiful hearing him sing! You can read more about him here: Alex Boye.

There were so many people who attended our sacrament meeting! We have a big ward to start off, but we had to pull out extra chairs just to make room for everyone. Definitely a super special meeting.

Anyway, I really do feel blessed. I have a wonderful home, husband, family, and ward. Life has its challenges, but it sure is great at the same time! I love how my coworkers ask, "Why are you Mormons always so happy?" As you know, there are many answers to that. I love the opportunity to express my testimony to them.

Okay, busy day ahead. Bye everyone!

3 comments:

Megan said...

You got to listen to Alex Boye!!! Oh man -- JEALOUS. Sounds like an excellent meeting. We really are so blessed to be where we are and to have the associations we do. But as we found out from what happened to that Bishop, we should never take those blessings for granted. It is definitely a source of comfort to know that we're sealed to our husbands and family members and we will get to be with them. I'm continuing to pray for his family as well... so tragic.

Andrea Le Albee said...

Hey!
I know how you feel. It's so sad. I just don't understand why someone would do this.
I keep hearing about people moving out of the ward!!!
I miss V2 so so so much.
I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well. :0)

carrin said...

I am so glad you love your ward, sounds like a great Sacrament meeting, Jessie gave her talk last Sunday and I hear she did a great job. She will be applying at BYU in the winter. We had a wonderful time at the Temple too. We are praying for his family and for the family of the man who did it, they are distraught, they live in Bakersfield.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...