Friday, August 20, 2010

Ah, Summer Mornings

 I still love Summer, regardless of the heat. In fact, it's quite funny. I went visiting teaching yesterday morning and when I stepped out of my car in  my jeans and button up shirt (with the sleeves rolled up), my companion in her short sleeves and skirt looked at me awkwardly and said, "You look hot. Why are you wearing that?" It was warm, but it didn't seem too hot for me. I explained this to her, leaving her even more confused. "How can this heat not bother you?" She asked. I pondered for a moment, then came to this realization: I grew up in Bakersfield. When we met inside and sat with the girl we were visiting, we spent a good 10 minutes talking about the air and heat differences in our valley compared to lower valleys like Bakersfield. No offense, Bakersfieldians. Anyway, it made me realize why I often don't understand people around here who complain of how terrible the heat is.

One of my favorite things about getting up early is enjoying the morning beauties. I come out of the bedroom around 6:30-7, then open the patio door. An excited orange cat usually shoves his way through as I open, so I know somebody else loves it too. I make Gary's lunch, then go and comfortably seat myself on the patio for a bit. Dexter and I both enjoy listening to the singing birds, smelling the fresh, wet grass and flowers, and feeling the cool breeze. Oh I love it! Never imagined I'd be such a morning person. But I am! I love early mornings! Well, just as long as it's AFTER 5am :)

So, I decided at this point to take a walk. I took a trail back behind our complex, overlooking the mountains and canyons. I then proceeded to Bridgeport, where I spent the rest of my walk (until I walked home, of course).
















To me, walking the lake never gets old. And boy do I love my camera! Besides, everyone is always so friendly.

When I arrived home, I showered, folded the laundry, cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, and litter boxes; I then vacuumed and organized the place. Day's not over yet! Gotta run by the bank, get my oil changed, then stop by Gary's work.

Off I go! Bye everyone.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I do miss being so close to Bridgeport... it's so pretty there! Glad you're able to enjoy your mornings (and the heat... crazy... LOL!). Have a great weekend!

carrin said...

Brat, quit bragging, it was only 98 at 9 pm the other day, lol. Maybe someday we'll live where I can enjoy cool mornings and cool evenings. Love you

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...