Monday, August 16, 2010

Eggs

 Yes, what a rather interesting blog title.  I shall explain why. Medical topics ahead:


  So, not too long ago...probably close to a year ago, I went to my doctor for my thyroid and all, and decided to mention all the stomach pains I've been having since I was about 19 or 20. She prescribed me medication for it, but needed to find the source. She ran blood tests to check for Celiac's, but I came back rather clean. So, before proceeding to any further steps (like scopes and other heck-no things), she told me to track down everything I ate and see if it was food related. So, I started that. Nothing special came up. In fact, it seemed more random and inconsistent. I mentioned to my doctor I just couldn't find a source.

  About a month ago, I decided to start eating eggs again for breakfast (favorite thing in the past to eat for breakfast). So, I did. That day, a couple of hours after breakfast, I started having serious cramps and stomach pains. Suddenly a light bulb flickered in my mind. The next day, and the day after, I tried again with the same results. So, I stopped eating eggs. I was fine. I cut eggs out of my diet. Nothing...again, I was fine. So, I picked up eggs again and tried different ways of cooking them. Moments later, stomach pains again.

  Hah! I had found my source. Now, children have egg allergies, not usually adults. Most likely I have a malabsorption issues with the proteins in the eggs. Oh, the joys. I guess it's better than Crohn's (which my doctor originally assumed and gave me meds for), or Ulcerative Colitis (whew).  Nope, just good ol' eggs.

 Sucks, though. I like eggs. I'll probably still eat them every now and then and just deal with the stomach pains :)

In other news, ouch! Yes, ouch! Okay, not serious ouch, but a little ouch. The new medication. Sometimes, during midcycle, I can feel an ovary twinge uncomfortably from ovulation...which is normal. It's a good sign (unless it's a cyst or something). However, this time around I felt BOTH ovaries working. Both at the same time? Not common.  But, it happened. I felt it. It wasn't "fall on the floor" pain or anything, just uncomfortable twitches enough to say, "ouch!". Doctor says it's normal (as long as I'm not falling over). In fact, it's a good sign of fertility. This stuff put both ovaries to work. Nice job, body!

 Okay, out of the medical topic. I decided to put the rats on the patio outside. Now, before any judgment is passed, I DO keep a thermometer outside and keep track of the temperature. They're in the shadiest area, and they love it! However, if the temp reaches above 85, they come inside. Normally it's around 80-85. Higher temps, they come inside. I did quite the research on this to make sure. The rats love being outside, too. There's always a nice breeze along our patio, and because of the direction of our apartment, we never get any direct sun. One of Gary's home teachers explained this to us upon visitation. Something about the stucco and our location, etc. So it's always a few degrees cooler on our side. Sweet.

 Now, when Fall rolls around, they'll be out there more frequently. Fall around here is usually in the upper 60's, low to mid 70's. The evening and night may be too cool for them, though. Just in the summertime it gets to about 60 degrees at night and early morning(sometimes in the 50's), so in Fall and Winter, they'll probably have to come in at night, depending. I know, my grammar is off today. Eh, oh well.

But I am looking forward to Fall!

This was probably the most pointless blog of all. Just bored. Got everything done today...well, almost. Still need to finish all the laundry. I've already got 3 loads out of the way...2 more to go! Yes, that's a lot. But I hate stuffing my washer. Last time I did that, I had torn clothes. So, I'm more careful. Besides, it's bedsheets and comforter day. I also went to the post office, went to the mechanic, cleaned and vacuumed the now spotless apartment, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned out the animal cages and entire litter boxes, swept the patio...and yeah. I'm sure there was more, but eh.

Okay, bye!

2 comments:

Megan said...

LOL so this post was about eggs in more than one way! I'm glad you found out the cause of your stomach pain so that you can try to avoid eating eggs... and I'm glad your body is producing eggs like it's supposed to with your new medication! YAY! Keep us posted with the results!!! :D

carrin said...

yay! Poor Emilee your mother fixed you eggs every morning for breakfast after seminary, who knew.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...