Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Great Week Ahead

 So far the week has been wonderful, and I know the rest of the week will be just as awesome!

 Over the weekend, Gary and I went to Taft to visit family. We woke up early Saturday morning and went yard sale shopping with his mother and a friend in her ward. When then had the great opportunity to help her around the house with taking screws and nails out of the walls, covering up the holes, and running a few errands. She's getting her house redecorated, so it felt nice to help some. After, we enjoyed some cheese sticks from Pizza Factory. Mmm. Our afternoon finished by watching some 24. We then headed home.

 Gary had an early meeting Sunday morning with the Elder's Quorum since he's been called to serve with them, and church was great! Testimony meeting was definitely sweet, especially hearing the story and testimony of a girl who was just recently baptized. I heard later that Garrett and Jazmine (brother and sister) bore their testimonies in my family's ward. I would have loved to be there and hear it! But it was great to be in my ward as well and feel that spirit.

 Relief Society was wonderful. We had a great lesson about building bridges in our lives, and it was a nice self-esteem boost.

Yesterday for Labor Day, we had the opportunity to go to the beach with my family. I spent most of the time fishing off the pier, while Gary played in the water and the sand. He's definitely a fan of the water. Anytime we visit the beach, he spends the majority of his time playing in the waves and building sand castles like a kid. It's too cute! I didn't bring my camera, so I don't really have pictures, but my mom posted some on her blog. Anyway, it was very nice. After, Gary and I offered to order pizza and have everyone over for lunch at our place...which we did.

Anyway, life is just great in general. The weather this week will stay in the 70's and I'm thrilled! Last week it was pretty hot, and a few times I noticed our weather was hotter than Bakersfield. So our temperatures aren't always cooler! But this week it's calming down and will stay in the 70's meaning I can keep the windows and back door open. Makes one happy kitten. Well, two for that matter. Lila has been spending time out there too. I love September!

So, that's that. Not too much else to update. I'm pretty sure there may have been a few other updates, but I can't remember them now. Besides, I have to leave for work in a little less than an hour. Bye!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Family time is awesome!!! Sounds like a GREAT weekend, and I'm glad to hear you have the outlook that the rest of the week will remain that way!

I also am in love with this weather! It's like a little teaser that Fall is really on its way!

Carla said...

I am jealous of your 70 degree weather... very, very jealous. We will have mid-80's tomorrow and then 80 on Thursday, but 70's are better.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...