Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Work

 Sorry about the last entry disappearing for a few days. Weird! Probably a sign of how boring it is :)


 The topic revolves around different types of work. My job, for one. PetSmart is driving me crazy! This scheduling thing is nuts. Okay, I'm available ANY time except Sundays. I'll open, close, work weird afternoon shifts, all day Saturday, whatever. The only thing I ask for is Sundays off. That's it!


 Lately, they have been hiring a lot of people. Mostly pet care associates. However, the new people realize they don't like pet care because the animals are icky or whatever, and request to move to grooming or cashiering. Which they do. Okay, so now we have extra employees in other random spots. A new girl in pet care doesn't do anything. She signs off on tasks, but they're never done. One morning she opened, and didn't even bother with the small animal habitat. I had to stay late to take care of it myself. She signs off on tank scrubbing, but there's algae everywhere. I have fix it. The pet care manager is keeping an eye on her because he knows himself she's not doing any work. We'll see how that goes.


 Two weeks ago, my schedule only had me working 5 hours that week. Strange. On a couple of those days, PetSmart attempted to call me in. One of the nights they wanted me, I had my D&D campaign, so I turned it down (there are 6 people in the campaign, and that was the only night we could all make it). The next call was later that week on a Saturday, but I was out of town in Taft. Frustrating how they do this. Don't get me wrong, I go in when they call me 99% of the time. Just the last few calls have been bad timing.


My schedule this week? Four hours on Saturday morning. The Saturday I was hoping to get off because of the baby shower (sorry, Carla). That's it. I have the entire week off until Saturday. Okay, so having a week off isn't bad. I can get so many things done at home. I just hate how they give me tiny hours then call me in during the week, after I've made plans. I didn't apply to work on-call like this. Not to mention the tiny and crappy checks. No, we aren't dependent upon my income, but it's still nice to have something. Stupid PetSmart. I'm reeeaallly looking forward to school now.


In other work news, Gary and I are doing some redecorating. We went to Taft last Saturday, and Gary's mom was getting rid of a lot of items. So I took some myself, including some very nice shelves. I've been wanting shelves for awhile now, because we could use that extra space. We have only installed one shelf thusfar, but planning on getting the other ones up.


She also gave us some cute picture frames, so I was able to get some of our uncut wedding photos (we have a ton of those), and frame them up. I might arrange the shelf a bit more, but that's what it is right now. During the Christmas season, those Wii-motes will be replaced with stockings.


We also got a really pretty water fall display. Gary said it hadn't been working, but didn't realize there was a switch on it. So, I plugged it in, switched it on, and it started working. Haha, sorry other mom!
A few Fall decorations have been put up, but it's not complete yet. I might do that today. Get this place nice and seasonal. I'm already planning ahead on where our Christmas tree will go. Since we got this second computer, it's been taking up the space I was going to use. So, I'll have to think creatively.


We also got this really cute basket shelf. I was originally planning on putting it in the bathroom, but it didn't fit. Luckily my creative husband came up with a cute idea.




Now we have a spot to put all the remotes and controllers. Cute, huh?


Okay, busy day ahead. I need to:


*Install the other shelves
*Clean this place up!
*Get some packing tape and mail off a package at the post office
*Finishing decorating for Fall
*Clean out all the animal cages
*Go to the store and get a few toiletries we need


And it all starts...now!

4 comments:

Carla said...

Haha, I love the Wii controllers being there!

Don't worry about the shower at all! Stinks that Petsmart is crappy with their scheduling like that. Especially since you're schedule is really open, they should just schedule a few days a week!

Also, regarding your other post--good job. It is so easy to join in on the crap talking fest, I'm sure you'll be blessed for not joining in and for trying to see the good in her.

Megan said...

That seriously stinks about PetSmart scheduling you for more hours. Especially since it seems that they don't have a whole lot of other winners over there working... It's good that you're able to get a lot done around your house! I like the shelf with the pictures on it! Great idea to put stockings on there when Christmas arrives. :)

P.S. I wondered what happened to that post below, haha. Sometimes I think we're put with annoying people just so Heavenly Father can see how we'll treat them. It's easy to be loving and kind and Christ-like to people who are loving and kind themselves... but the real test of our devotion is when we exercise those same qualities in trial! Seems like you're definitely taking the higher road. I heard from someone that if you're ever in a situation where you want to tear someone down, stop and think of them as your own child and see how you treat them then. Anyway, good post, something we can all think about and relate to!

Megan said...

** Should be "PetSmart NOT scheduling you for more hours" LOL

carrin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...