Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ramblings and Other Blogging (Totally Random)

   Since PetSmart actually gave me hours, I've been working this week. About time, huh? My hours are random and strange, but that's life!

  I received my text book for my medical courses and it's very informative and nice. The shipping took about 5 days to get here, but I'm glad I have it and can move on and continue. I'm almost done with everything, so I'm excited. I'll proceed with my certification, then I'll get to start up school and finish my BS. The MT background I have will really help, though. If for any reason I need to stay home (like kids for example), I'll be able to work from home and receive a decent income. So it's definitely something nice to fall back on. Of course, when I become an engineer, I could always open up a shop of my own. Gary and I are planning on going to a mechanic school so we can learn, well, mechanics. It would definitely be very helpful in the future. First, we wouldn't get ripped off by a mechanic, and secondly, the shop idea. If I were a mechanic AND engineer, I'd pretty much know all. Looking forward to it! We'd love to run our own shop someday on our ranch. :)



 So, the first day of fall was gorgeous! The weather was just right. Unfortunately the heat jumped back up and it will be pretty hot the next few days. Bummer! But hopefully it will cool back down again. Thanks for the teaser, fall! But I am glad my shows are back!

 You know how Gary likes to collect video games (yes, my subjects are randomly jumping)? Well, he's been having an interest in the older games we grew up with. He just bought himself a Sega, NES, and SNES. We've also been buying games for them online. There's a video game store near us called Play N Trade, and they sell some old games as well. So he's adding to his collection. It's so cool to be playing these old games again. Definitely brings back memories! Play N Trade:

He purchased the Retron 3 gaming system:

 The controllers don't work, but we have our own. The gaming system has a Sega, Nes, and Snes. Pretty awesome!

In other news, as most of you know, I cut my hair. I was way nervous about it. I was pacing outside the salon for a good 20 minutes before I went in and got it over with. I'm mostly glad I did it because my hair is much healthier and silkier. She cut about 10 inches off! Just goes to show how long my hair really was. Anyway, for those of you who didn't see the results:

I do miss my long hair, but I am glad it looks and feels better. My hair is too darn straight and fine to do anything cool to it. So it would just..hang there. I am sad for the length being gone; but I know hair grows back, so I'll be okay!

Anyway, I can't think of much else to say. I DID have a blast last night, though! The DeMasters family had us over for a wonderful and delicious BBQ with 6 other young couples. We got to make our own shish kabobs and they were very yummy! The weather was perfect, too. I whipped up a corn and black bean salad, as well as homemade salsa for the chips we bought (I love Sprouts! Great place to buy fresh vegetables). The beans soaked for hours, but still weren't as soft as I liked. At least everyone seemed to like the salsa. Anyway, the DeMasters have a gorgeous home with a large backyard, so we sat around, chatted, and played Catchphrase. It was sooo much fun! Even when the men took their dang time in hopes it would buzz on us. Fortunately, the plan backfired, haha. Good times! I got to know some of the other childless couples in our ward, so that was always nice.  Just a fun night all around with super delicious food. Sadly we had to leave before they started making s'mores because Gary had to get up super early this morning to help a family in our ward move. Elder's Quorum stuff. I would have loved to stay, though. THANKS SO MUCH Josh and Meg for the fun!! Getting out and socializing isn't something we get to do often. We need to do this again sometime. I'm excited about buying a house because of these things.  I'm thinking Halloween party...  :)

 Okay, time to shower and do a few other things. I have to work today. Only 5 hours in the afternoon, so I get the evening off. Not too bad. Bye!











3 comments:

Kate said...

Wow CA sounds like the same kind of weather here...(CT) good luck in school...

Megan said...

We're so glad you guys were able to come last night! It was definitely fun! I really love your haircut and color, it looks awesome! Like you said, the good thing about hair is that it always grows back.... so if you miss it you still have hope! Josh was talking about going to Sprouts today to check it out... I'm glad you recommend it!

carrin said...

I love you hair, it's so cute!!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...