Monday, July 26, 2010

A Full Day Ahead, and the Weekend


Hey, peeps.

Just so you know, about my last post; I know daring someone isn't exactly the route to go with missionary work, but you'd really have to know this guy to understand. It's not like I told him, "Okay, lay it on the missionaries." Poor missionaries, I wouldn't do that. I do know he really does have interest, and not in the mean, tear people down kind of way.

D&C 29:7 states the Lord said the "elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts." "The elect will hear His voice-they'll listen and do something about it." -Elder Franklin D. Richards

Sure, he likes to stump, but I know he has an interest. He said he believes there's some sort of God, but doesn't know much from there. Also, he read a bit of the BOM, starting in Nephi. You wouldn't pick up that book if you had no interest. Anyway, yeah, lol.

Today is a day off of mine; things to do! Laundry, a few things of shopping, etc.

Anyway, we spent some of the weekend out of town. The plan was for me to open at work Saturday morning, then after my shift, head out to Taft. However, Friday night I didn't sleep too well, and I woke up nauseated and my stomach was rather angry with me. I got up anyway, showered, made my lunch, and prepared to leave for work. I just had no strength, and I didn't feel real well. I tried calling the store, but nobody picked up (it's their way of avoiding people from calling in, haha). Finally I sent a text message to my direct manager (the guy mentioned in my last post), and told him I just wasn't feeling well. He understood, and it was taken care of. I then crawled back to bed and slept in a bit with the husband. I woke up feeling a little better. I don't know if it was just me being tired, but I really did feel rather sick. I've always had these early morning shifts, and regardless of how I feel, I usually stick it out. But Saturday...just not my morning.

So, we headed out to Taft earlier than planned, and spent some time with family. After, we headed to Bakersfield to have dinner and spend some time with more family. Talking about Catalina sure made me excited!

Saturday evening, after a stop at the Valley Plaza (brings back memories), we headed back to town, and boy was it gorgeous! The full moon was out that night, and the weather was cool and breezy. The sky looked beautiful, so I snapped a few photos on my phone.  We rolled down our windows, and Gary said, "It's too nice outside to just go home. Let's go a few places." So, we did. Didn't really spend money, but it was nice being out. We stopped at TJ's (Trader Joe's), and bought some grapes and healthy beverages, and crashed at home where we watched a movie.


(don't mind the bugs on the windshield, haha)


Sunday was a little exhausting as usual, but we survived. Because the nursery leaders of the Jr. nursery moved away, Gary and I have taken on all the kids from both Jr. and Sr. Man it sure gets tiring with all those little slobbery children. Or, as Josh calls them, little nasties, lol. It felt nice to come home! We didn't crash right away, though. Instead, using our teamwork, we cleaned. I know, Sabbath day. But we had home teachers coming over, and I wanted the place to look excellent. Finally, a nice visit from the home teachers, dinner, then a crash!

What a beautiful morning it is, too!
Dexter enjoying his morning dose of sun. 
This is why I'm a morning person. The birds chirping, the cool weather, the peacefulness of it all. Refreshing! Unfortunately when it heats up in the afternoon, he's stuck inside.

We also finally got rid of that blasted couch outside! It was taking up too much space out there. Gary and I managed to get it down the stairs and haul it over to Goodwill. Ah, so nice to have our deck back!

Okay, time to enjoy the beautiful day today. Morning workout to do, breakfast to eat, laundry to finish, and shopping to do. Bye!




2 comments:

Megan said...

WHAT?! They're making you take care of the junior and senior nurseries together again?? I'm so sorry. :( Plus I thought nursery was only supposed to be a 6 month calling in that ward in the first place. I hope they're able to get some man-power in there to help you out and/or take over for you.

Enjoy your day off!

KillmerFam said...

My response to my uncle when I was caught cleaning on Sunday was "Cleanliness is next to Godliness".

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...