Monday, July 19, 2010

A Night Out With Husband

 Nights out with my favorite person and best friend is always so much fun!

 I spent pretty much today cleaning. Vacuumed out the couch, did all the laundry, cleaned the kitchen thoroughly, etc etc. Gary came home from work and was like, "whoa, this place looks amazing!" Darn right it does :)

I also spent some time during my day off watching Angels and Demons. Definitely an interesting movie. I liked the first one more, but this one was still pretty darn good. Gets your mind into thinking mode. It created me to do a little more historical research, and luckily my super smart husband was able to answer a lot of my questions. Just fascinating stuff all around. I love historical facts and ideas.

After Gary came home, he and I attempted to "burp" my car for a bit. Pretty much you're burping the radiator to clear out any air bubbles or what not to keep your car from overheating. Especially if you're having a/c problems. After I had a new radiator and other related stuff put in, my a/c starting having issues with turning on and off, etc. So we went to Kragen to find my car manual, but instead an employee working there said, "Ah, they must've forgotten to burp it after. Just do that." So we skipped on the manual and went this method.

Gary and I discussed going out somewhere to eat, but weren't sure where. Some minutes later, my visiting teacher, Samarah, came over to visit. She's such a sweet person. She brought her two daughters as well as another girl (wish I could remember whose daughter she was). The girls played with their toys and chased the cats around, while Samarah and I had a nice chat about many things. During her visit, she handed Gary and I a piece of paper and said, "My husband and I probably aren't going to use this, so this is for you and Gary." It was a $50 gift certificate to Salt Creek Grille, one of the fancy schmancy grilles in the marketplace (where movies and TV shows and such are often filmed at). Well, now we had plans to go somewhere!

So, we walked across the street to eat and stuffed ourselves on the delicious food. I had a nice jumbo shrimp pasta I couldn't even come close to finishing, and Gary ate some peppercorn tri-tip. We finished off by sharing a huge slice of cheesecake. Um, yum!






































































































After we ate our deliciousness, we walked it off around the marketplace for a bit, before stopping at Brookstone and purchasing ourselves some new Tempur-Pedic Symphony pillows (one for the each of us). 3 year warranty on these things. Soooo comfy!!

Anyway, time to finish of our evening finishing a movie we started last night, but too tired to finish. Night!

3 comments:

Megan said...

YUM! I've seen that place and heard it was good, but also heard it was pretty pricey... I'm so glad you guys were able to go and enjoy it!
Date nights are definitely the best. :)

The Pollocks said...

Definitely pricey! We wouldn't have gone without that gift certificate :)

carrin said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and yummy food, gift certificates are the best!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...