Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Days Off, and Many Randoms

 As much as I like my  job, I like my days off even more. Monday was a day off, and today is a day off. Tomorrow I open at 6am, Friday I close until 10pm, then Saturday I open again at 6am. Gotta love closing the night before opening. At least I'll get a few hours to sleep, right? Good times, good times.

Carla already knows this, but I got owned by a psycho mouse yesterday. A young girl, probably around the age of 10, wanted a mouse. She picked out the CRAZIEST of mice. That thing hopped and went nuts when I tried to grab it. Eventually it flung itself out of the cage and to the floor. The girl grabbed the darn thing, but quickly dropped her after crying out, "She bit me!". The girl had blood surrounding her finger, but thought it was more amusing than anything else. Finally I snatched the pesky mouse, and was bitten in several places before I tossed it in the box. I even grabbed that thing by the tail and it still managed to crawl on me and bite the crap out of me. I glanced outside the habitat to see the girl's mother laughing at the both of us. The young girl claimed she still wanted that same mouse; so hey, now I don't have to deal with it anymore. Catching those animals sure can be adventurous at times.

My health report came back, and everything checked back normal again. My thyroid is back up in hypo mode, but it's really not surprising. It will be fluctuating until the day I die. Low levels, high levels, back to low again, normal levels, etc. This is why we need fertility treatment; depending on the mood of my thyroid depends on whether my body does what it's supposed to do. Anyway, that's that.

Gary and I sat down the other day to discuss finances, his raise, my job, and his job. Because his company has been so wonderful to him, we have no plans to leave them anytime soon. He's only on year 3, and year 5 will be the end of his entry-level. From there we'll see where we're going. Although his company is from around the world, the only programming departments are here, and somewhere in England. England is worse when it comes to expenses; it's more expensive than California. It's insane. So, no. They have been discussing opening up a department in Wichita, though. But he's not certain if they'll follow through with that.

First of all,  I'm debt-free! Woo hoo! Because of his raise and third paycheck, we're able to pay off all of my debt. It feels soo wonderful to be completely out of debt. So now our focus is Gary. When he went to school, he had to use credit cards to pay for books and other college expenses. So, we're doing the snowball effect. We are able to pay off completely one of his credit cards, which is marvelous; then we'll be able to pay off a huge chunk of another one of his credit cards. From the looks of our leftover expenses each month, he'll be out of debt rather quickly, which is such great news. I can't wait until we're both out of debt. Granted, he still has his student loans, but that's good debt compared to credit cards. So, we're not too worried about those.

Anyway, time to go enjoy the rest of my day off! I have a few errands to run and things to get done around this place.  Bye!

PS- I cannot wait until Catalina! Looking forward to vacation!

6 comments:

Carla said...

What a weird little child, wanting the craziest one. But then again, isn't that how Devonn picked Lynx? And Lynx ended up being awesome...

Can't wait til we're in a position to get out of debt! So once you're all the way out of debt, are you guys thinking a new car? Or just substantial amounts in savings?

The Pollocks said...

We've been discussing a new car, but we'll see. We're waiting to see which of our cars will die first or come close to it before we move on. Lol. But we would really rather save up!

carrin said...

I am so looking forward to Catalina too! Congratulations on getting out of debt and working so well to get out too, I sure wished we had been smarter with our money at your age, I look forward to only having student loans, a car and a house as our only debt and then try to keep it that way. So when do find out when they can start fertility treatments? I love you lots!

The Pollocks said...

Just waiting back to hear from the liaison. It could take awhile for all the forms and information to process. Hopefully soon, though!

Megan said...

Doesn't being a little more debt-free feel awesome!!?? Congrats! It's such a great feeling, and good for you guys for being responsible with your raises and not just going out and blowing the money like I'm sure most people in this world would do. I still have my student loans too, but luckily the interest on those is tax deductable, right? :)

carrin said...

yes, and not to mention the interest is so low

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...