Monday, July 19, 2010

I Love Summer

 Never really thought I'd ever say this before; but I really do love summer! I've always been the one to absolutely hate summer and crave Fall to roll around. But for some reason, I'm lovin' these days!

Sure, it's hot. Sure, I can't open my windows or doors during the day anymore; even mornings and evenings can be too warm on some days. But the sun is marvelous. It's almost crazy how I'm turned around this year. I guess winter for me was a bit hard. I had the winter blues, and I was often feeling down. I never thought I had seasonal depression before. But when Spring showed its face, and Summer showed its heat, my mood went for a boost. In the past, I was the one depressed during summer because it was just too darn hot.

Anyway, I guess it's because there's always so much to do during the summertime. Gary and I often like going to the pool and soaking up the sun. We also love running around to the different places and other summer events going on. Every summer since married, we've moved to a new location. This time we're still here, and it feels kind of nice. I do think we're beginning to get tight on space (that's because we need to stop buying crap!), but I still love it here.

Speaking of space, we've had an event with our rats. Jaheira is a bully. She would pick on and fight with Mazzy. Now, dumbo rats go through a phase of dominance, and will often fight. Usually without wounds, though. However, this was different. There are open sores on Mazzy's face. So, I was forced to separate them. Now we have three rats in three different cages. Oiy. Anyone want a rat with a cage? Everything will be provided. :)

I've been having a lot of thoughts recently revolving around my future with Gary and our family. I'm so glad Gary is always there to offer words of comfort. I expressed to him my fear of adopting (there are many reasons why I'm hesitant), and told him I just don't think I can do that. He had to sit me down and basically tell me it's not all about me. It's about those children and babies who need a loving home to grow up in. Whether or not they make idiotic decisions in the end, the fact that we could give them a big home and loving family to grow in is what's important. It really made me ponder that. This doesn't mean we're going to jump up and adopt, but at least my fear has diminished a bit. I have a slight feeling Gary's ready to adopt (he's brought it up a few times), but I still need to say several prayers before I can feel the same. I think we need to try the fertility treatment first before anything else.

Anyway, that was a random topic. I'm still waiting to hear back from the liaison about our options.

We also brought up home buying again. I know we've mentioned we don't want to buy a home in California, but that didn't stop us from looking around a bit. Because Gary's job is amazing, we don't want to take any risks right now of leaving California for something else. His job is stable, secure, and the people he works with are great to him. In fact, his raise was due to people outside of the department praising his hard work. This eventually spilled to the head people of his company, who contacted his direct boss and mentioned the major raise. I'm so proud of him. We did a little looking around for homes, and found some pretty decent ones (4 or 5 bedrooms with a pool), but we still need to get a down payment. That, and we haven't gotten the urge to jump on that road of home buying yet. It's exciting to think about, but we just haven't received that prompting yet. So, we're being patient. The picture above is a picture of our valley. I'm sure there are homes with land, right? That aren't TOO expensive.

Anywho, day off today, so I have things to clean and get done before my visiting teachers show up a little later. Bye everyone.

2 comments:

carrin said...

Someone from the ward, (I can't remember who?) mentioned to me to have you check out homes in Fraiser Park, they are incredibly cheap right now, with the dive in real estate. How far is that from Valencia?

The Pollocks said...

It's a little too far, probably about 40 miles or so. I like Frazier Park and wouldn't mind living there...however, if it snows in the winter and for some reason the 5 is blocked, Gary would be unable to get to work.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...