Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spending the Weekend

 I love spending the weekend with my husband, absolutely love it! Don't exactly love the sick part, though.

I went in Friday for my shift. Friday was originally a day off, and I was scheduled Saturday. However, they changed the schedule for me to work Friday and get Saturday off. I was okay with that! Weekend off is always good. However, I had been feeling sick on Thursday, but thought it was a small thing that would pass. My plan was to rest Friday, my day off, and hopefully get better. When Friday rolled around, I wasn't feeling better, I was feeling much worse! I dragged through a bit, forgetting things, and not really being "all there". Finally my lead asked if I was feeling alright, and I admitted I wasn't feeling too well. So, the manager of the store checked the schedule, and told me I could head home as soon as a new person came in. 3 1/2 hours into my shift, I was on my way home. I rested a bit, and Gary came home from work. He crashed on the couch and complained about not feeling well himself.

We slept in Saturday morning, and both felt okay. After hot showers, we were ready for the day. We wanted to be lazy and get more rest, but we had errands to run and places to go. We stopped at Big Lots first (I love Big Lots), got a few things, then headed over to Walmart to get a few more things. Gary wanted to BBQ that day, so we were looking for some meat to grill. We couldn't find anything at Walmart. Gary mentioned he wanted a bigger slab of meat and more choices. We had been discussing checking out Costco for awhile now, since neither of us had been there nor had a membership there before. We decided to check it out. I normally shop in staples anyway, and I'm always buying a month's supply of groceries...so we knew it wouldn't hurt to see what Costco was like. We did have a Sam's Club membership for a couple of years, but it recently expired and we never had the desire nor need to renew it.

Anyway, we stopped at Costco, in Canyon Country, and man was it BUSY! There were lots of people there, and I thought aloud, "Boy I hope it's not always this crazy!" Anyway, we strolled through, and did some price comparisons. It was "okay", but not dramatically different. However, when Gary and I made a stop at the allergy pill section, it all changed. We realized that just by buying allergy pills at Costco, we'd be saving about $160/year. Completely worth a membership. So, we bought a membership, did a little shopping, then came home and grilled up a lot of chicken. We were also told by a manager that Costco was only this crazy on Saturday afternoons/evenings and on Sundays. Other times it wasn't that bad. Whew. Me + large crowd = can't breathe.

We finished our Saturday watching some scary movies, then went to bed. Because we should have rested more on Saturday, we both had a rough night last night. I woke up with a massive headache; it's been ages since I've woken up with a headache. Let's just say I felt like crap. I heard Gary moaning himself as he dragged himself out of bed and rushed to the restroom. So, we found subs for nursery and have been home resting; this way we can be more prepared for the week ahead. I'm also excited for the 2 1/2 hour series finale of Lost tonight!! It better be a good ending.

Anyway, better wake Gary up from nap time, which I just came out of. Naps are amazing.

Bye!

4 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Get a chicken bake at the food place. Serious. On the nights we don't feel like cooking and have to gas up anyway, we head to Costco. LoL

We got our membership for the gas. And dinosaur chicken nuggets. And the sherbets in the fruit rinds. Oh, man... I want the sherbets now...

Hope you feel better.

Also, I REALLY wish I could watch Lost tonight. :( Have to wait...

Carla said...

We buy Devonn's allergies pills at Costco too... amazing that they're so dang cheap! Costco is cool because they have really great deals on seasonal things. And they are only busy on weekends. We go during the week and it's practically empty.

carrin said...

Hope you feel better, luckily our allergy pills are free with our ins. but when dad retires I may be going to Costco too... Did you book your room for Catalina yet? "bug, bug"

Megan said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've been feeling so ill! I hope the rest you got yesterday has helped you both. And no worries about dropping that stuff off for your sub... anytime!

I go with my mom to Costco and just have them do a subtotal for my stuff... that way I don't have to pay for a membership. ;) We don't get too much stuff there, just because everything's in bulk and our freezer/cabinets aren't THAT big. Once we move into our house that might change though. HELLO $300 grocery shopping trips! haha

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...