Sunday, May 9, 2010

What's a Blog?

 I think I may be starting to forget! So here's how things are going thusfar:

Last week I had the opportunity to get up at 4:30 almost all mornings for work. They wanted to throw those early shifts at me so I could get the hang of opening. The only morning I didn't open was Tuesday, my day off, and Thursday, when I closed instead. When my closing shift was over, I knew I had to get up at 4:30 the next morning, giving me barely any sleep time. Somehow I managed, though. I was off at 10am, and although they wanted me to stay longer, I had plans! So I took off at 10am.

I got home, and Gary told me he was on his way home from the smog place for his truck. However, his truck surprisingly didn't pass smog. They said it was an exhaust leak. $450 later, they have repair work to do. All these car expenses!  It figures once I find a job, both the cars start having issues. But, I suppose I should look at this as a blessing. So now his truck is still at the mechanic's shop. Hopefully it will be able to pass smog after this!

Anyway, he walked home from there (just across the street is our mechanic), and we both headed out. We spent time in Canoga Park, hanging out all the mall, going to a yummy lunch together, then buying our movie tickets. We hadn't been to the movies in ages! Too expensive. And we do our best to avoid loud teenagers as well. So anyway, we purchased two tickets for Iron Man 2 at the IMAX theater. Watching Iron Man on IMAX was pretty sweet. The first movie, like most cases, was much better. However, this one wasn't too bad. Some parts I thought it was overboard with the music and action, but not nearly as bad as Transformers 2. That was just horrible. At least this had a nice story and plot. Worth seeing, though. Great movie!

 I really love and enjoy spending time with my perfect husband. We had a fantastic day! He not only took that Friday off, but he has tomorrow, Monday, off as well (dentist appointment). 4 day weekend with my husband! Of course I did work yesterday, but another opening shift, so I got to spend a majority of the day with him. I love him so much!
 
 On the way home, we stopped in Tarzana for a little shopping, then finally headed home. That area of Tarzana drove me nuts! Everything was metered parking. Eventually we parked in a gas station parking lot, and walked across the street to do our shopping. We only spent a little though. We've been cutting back on our shopping and spending since these car repairs keep popping up!


Speaking of that, we did receive the parts to our new computer. Gary's co-worker, David, saved us a lot of money with the computer! He ended up building it for us, and so far, Gary and I have enjoyed playing games together when we have the time. Our monitor for that computer is a 25", too. When I have time, I'm going to do some arranging so  2 computers in the living room work out. This set-up works out just fine, but I still want to see what I can do!

I was also thinking about throwing together a big birthday party for Gary's birthday coming up this July. But we'll see! We live too far from a lot of friends and family. So I'll have to do some planning!

Hmm, what else? I believe that's all for now. I'm thrilled about Josh and Megan's new house, too! Exciting (and freaking gorgeous)! Gary and I want to jump into home buying ourselves (we keep considering it, then backing off). Mostly because we both get the feeling it's not time to buy yet. We both believe Heavenly Father has different plans with us. We don't know if we'll stay in California too much longer, so that's why we're sticking with an apartment. Still fun to think about though!

Okay, time to finish getting ready for church (like my last blog post). A fantastic Sunday with my husband, and a day off tomorrow for the both of us! My hours were cut a bit for this week, but I'm okay with that! This gives me plenty of time to study. And, with all the hours I worked last week, it will be a nice little break.

Bye! Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to all mommies/mommies-to-be!



2 comments:

carrin said...

That is what happened with our old truck, 500.00 later it passed. Ugh, I guess it is a blessing you can afford to fix it now. Looking forward to Catalina. Where are you guys staying? Better book it soon if not, they fill up quick for summer. Love you, the area looks beautiful with the mountains in the background.

Megan said...

I loathe car repairs! It never fails that they're *at least* several hundred dollars... and who can just pull that much money out of a magic hat? I'll cross my fingers for you guys that that's the last repair you guys have to make in a good, long while!

Sounds amazing to have so much time with Gary this weekend though! I'm glad you enjoyed Iron Man 2... hopefully Josh and I will be able to get our butts out to see it soon, because I know Josh has been really looking forward to it. I'm sure IMAX adds extra fun to it!

And thanks for being excited for us and our house! We're pretty dang excited too... It's hard to focus on anything else! haha things have sure been stressful the past week though! But everything's working out and we're taking it one day at at time. I just can't wait til our escrow closes and it's ours! We're definitely having you and Gary for dinner and games once we get semi-settled in! Even though we hope you stay in Cali because we like having you around, if things work out with you moving to another state, that's awesome too! It's whatever is right for your family, and when Heavenly Father decides it's your time, things will just happen like they did for us!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...