Thursday, May 20, 2010

Making a To-Do

 I know, I have to leave for work in an hour and a half, but ehh, I'll get ready soon enough, lol.

 Anyway, yesterday was quite fun. It was my day off! I started posting a blog about my to-do list, knowing that by writing it down, it would help me not stress about it all.
  •  My first was planning the Catalina vacation. I know I keep saying that, but I haven't done it yet. And I know time will be running out if I don't hurry and reserve something. I've done tons of browsing and looking and searching, but haven't come to a conclusion yet. I, being Emilee, am obsessed with getting the best deals possible. I still need to call around places and not just book online. You'd be surprised at the savings if you just call a few places. Gary and I want our boat and hotel total cost to be around $300. We're the kind of people who would spend less on a hotel, and more on other things. I even considered going to Two Harbors and doing the camping on the beach, but we'll do that another time when it's just the two of us, and not when family and friends are joining. I don't want to ditch everyone! Anyway, we're not big on tours, although a few would be nice. Gary's more like Dad; he'd rather sit around, eat ice cream, and do nothing...because hey, a vacation is a vacation! We are excited to be going, though!

    • Study and catch up in school. With my hours cut a bit, I should be shoving in more study time...yet I haven't. I'm already behind a bit, so I need to get on the ball and stop with procrastinating. I'm doing anatomy and medical terminology 2, as well as diseases associated with each. I already got the main bones down, it's all the muscle anatomy I'm still trying to learn. The diseases aren't too hard, since it's just a part of terminology and breaking down the word. Speaking of school, when I finish this and get certified, I was thinking about continuing from there. The nursing program is impossible to get into from here, but I was looking into maybe getting into the pharmacy field as well. I would love to be a doctor, but I would not love the hard work associated with getting there...especially since being a mom is #1 on my list. Not that I wouldn't be a good mom working like that, but I'm just worried I'd be too distant.

    • Fold the laundry. Tomorrow is another day off of mine, so I'll do it then! I haven't been as tidy and clean as I was before work. But hey, that's a job for ya.

    • Call around auto places. Gary did his own tune-up, and he did an excellent job! I'm very proud of him. He just needs a few parts for his truck, so I need to call around and see who has the best deals. I was supposed to do this yesterday, but never got to it. Bad wife! Hmm, actually I just texted Gary and asked if he still needed me to do that, and he said no. Okay then.







    • The next on yesterday's to-do list was about the kitties. It's time for their weekly hygiene routine. Bathing, teeth cleaning, nails trimmed, eye and ear cleaning, etc. However, when I was on my Lila hunt to track her down, I pulled her out from under the bed and noticed her breathing was funny. She's been breathing funny for awhile, as well as having a crusty nose and flaky fur. So, I called the vet clinic in Sylmar I took Dexter to when he got fixed, and called to ask what they charged for a routine checkup. They said $35, which is cheap (and why I called them), so I went ahead and took her there. She did so well! She was nervous of course, but she cuddled next to the doctor, and purred when he started petting her. I thought she'd be a nervous wreck going to the vet, but she was calm and sweet instead. He did a routine checkup with her; and noticed a lung was slightly enlarged. For her final diagnosis, he said, "it could be two things. Allergies or asthma." So what he did, was he gave her an allergy shot. He said if the symptoms still persist, there's a possibility of asthma. If they seem to go away, then allergies it is. I'm leaning more toward allergies (so was he), because of her dry skin and nose issue. I also believe Dexter inherited this because his skin gets dry at times too. She was breathing funny again this morning while sleeping, which makes me nervous, but we'll still see how it goes. Besides that, she was healthy. She and Dexter need to go back in for their updated vaccinations soon. Doctor said Lila needs to lose more weight and be a little more healthy (the allergy thing) before she comes in for her shots. So he also gave me a high fiber food supplement which should help them both lose weight. Nice day at the vet.

      I think that was it for my to-do list. Although I'm pretty sure I forgot a few things. After work today, I'm going to my D&D campaign. Last week was canceled, and the week before I worked. So it will feel good to be back! Good ol' nerd time.

      Anyway, Gary and I bought new matching computer chairs for our living room now, so that's fun to play with.  Yeah.

      Okay, I need to run off to work. Bye!

      PS- Loving the sunny/windy weather. Beautiful days!
       

    5 comments:

    Megan said...

    Wow, definitely looks like you have a lot to do! But planning a trip to Catalina actually sounds kind of fun! I'm with you about finding the best deal possible on trips. :) I hope you were able to find a mechanic. Like I mentioned on facebook, you might trying out Century Auto if you haven't found someone else to help you out.

    Sad day about Lila having allergies... :( If it is in fact allergies, you'd definitely know that she's Gary's daughter ;) heehee I hope that she can get better soon so you don't have to worry about her!

    See you guys soon!

    carrin said...

    The cheapest place is the Hermosa, not fancy and sometimes noisy but hey it's cheap. We've bumped up to the Paloma, a little farther walk but I enjoyed it last time we went. Book it before they are full, we go at a popular time. :)

    Carla said...

    Boat tickets are like $55? I can't remember. So that would leave $190 for the room... $95 a night... I think, in the summer when we're going, most of the hotels besides the Hermosa are more than that once you add taxes. If you did get a room at La Hermosa, it would just be the two of you so you could get one further from the street... less noise maybe?

    Carla said...

    Here is the website for the Hermosa: https://www.hermosahotel.com/index.html

    If you click on Reservation Requests, it has room prices. The cheapest they have for peak season is $75/night but it has no toilet or anything... gotta go down the hall and share a restroom.

    The next one up is $80 and shares a bathroom with the room next door...

    The "B" room is $90 and has a bathroom... still no AC or anything unless you get "B+" which is $120.

    Anyway, I'm sure you've already looked all this stuff up... but there it is anyway. :)

    Carla said...

    PS- Last comment about rooms in Catalina, I promise: Check out the Atwater, they have rates for like $216 which includes taxes for the dates we're going.

    Growing Up

      So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...