Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Updates and 2011

     I hope everyone had a great Christmas/New Year. I know I'm a bit behind on the Christmas blogging, but hey, life's been busy! So I'll break it down best I can without boring everyone.

    On the 24th, we left town and headed to Bakersfield where we spent Christmas Eve and day at my parents' house. We received a load of awesome gifts and Gary was thrilled to discover a new/old gaming system to add to his collection- the N64. I myself received lots of cute gifts including a watch, new sweater, hot chocolate mugs, new shirt, socks, sushi making kit (yum), perfume, a new awesome blender, and a few other things. We stayed there until Sunday afternoon, when we headed back with Jazmine, who stayed with us for a few days or so. Yeah, so pretty much I brought my camera and forgot to take Christmas pictures. Bad Emilee. But I will "steal" a picture of Gary and I on Christmas Day. Hope you don't mind, Mom!
Okay, so makeup and hair weren't exactly a priority that morning, but at least Gary doesn't have his morning mohawk.

   Monday morning, we awoke and headed out to Hollywood, where I promised Jazmine I would take her. We toured the Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, and the Guinness World Record Museum. We then toured around the area a bit, then headed to N. Hollywood where Gary purchased more games for his N64 and also bought Jazmine new Xbox games.
Jazzy-Pooh
Spiderman
One of Gary's old favorites-Conan
Ze Dracula
Some scary dude
Gary and Forrest Gump
Um, I don't remember? I think it's Clint Eastwood.
Star Wars


 My camera then died, so a few were taken on my phone.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun. We then did a little grocery shopping to get us through the next few days, then headed home. For dinner that night, we had pizza and chicken nuggets. Yum!

Tuesday morning, after sleeping in a bit, we had a bit of a lazy day. We went to a few places and saw a few things, but nothing too big and exciting. For dinner that night, Jazmine and I decided to play with my new blender and make homemade salsa. We chopped up tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, tomatillos, and a few other ingredients, then blended it all together. It turned out slightly watery, but after a few attempts to drain it, it turned out delicious! And hot, might I add. I added all the jalapenos. But it was still great and Jazmine loved it. We then made homemade guacamole, and Jazmine cooked up some beef and beans. We had chips and salsa, but also wrapped up other ingredients including the beef, beans, cheese and guacamole in tortillas. Very filling and delicious. Not to mention it was fun to do all of that with the sister. Oh, and I snapped a hilarious photo of her chopping onions. After wiping many tears away and attempting to see, Jazmine found a new solution to chop her onions.

Hehe, sorry Jaz. Had to post.

Wednesday wasn't as lazy as Tuesday, but we did a few more shopping trips and played video games. Gary wanted to check out the local thrift stores for any old games and Jazmine and I did some clothes shopping, where I bought her a cute dress. We then went to our mall where we did some more shopping/walking around. After a few places, we headed to our theater where we watched Tron in 3D. It was...okay. The graphics and stuff were fun, but it wasn't anything special. Jazmine enjoyed it though. We then headed back home where we spent the remainder of the evening playing video games/shooting zombies. For dinner we had garlic pizza sticks and sirloin steak soup.

And then Thursday- we headed back to Bakersfield where we dropped Jazmine off at home, then headed out to Taft where we spent Thursday and Friday. We watched a movie, some television, and had delicious food (including fried ice cream- yum!).

Saturday was lazy for us. We spent most of the day inside, but I did manage to run that morning and ran a good mile. I was proud of myself. I'm determined to work off the holiday feasting as well as focus on losing weight.

So, that was that! No more boring you. Besides, it's time for church. Have a great day everyone!


1 comment:

Megan said...

That's a super cute picture of you and Gary! And the one of Jazmine cracks me up! I'll have to try that the next time I chop onions. ;)

Sounds like you guys were able to have a really enjoyable holiday season. We did some zombie killing over here as well. hahaha good times!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...