Monday, January 31, 2011

Teeth

 Years ago, there was a young girl who decided to race on her bicycle against her younger brother. However, she seized out and hit face first onto the asphalt. Resulting in this accident, she chipped her two front teeth.

Some years later, before starting high school, her parents helped pay to get those teeth bonded so she would look somewhat normal and not like a goblin (as her husband now so kindly puts it). However, over the years, some of the bonding had come off, leaving her looking for new solutions.

She then came across a dentist who offered her that solution: porcelain veneers. The girl was uncomfortable with the price and told the business she would not pay $1000 per tooth. Several weeks later, she received a phone call from the dentist's staff, telling her the price had dropped more than half (almost 3 times the total). So, she agreed.

Okay, okay, I'll stop with the story-telling. I had my teeth done today, so I'll post a pic. Yeah, I think they're huge but I know it's something I have to get used to. In fact, I laughed at myself in the mirror when I got home because although it looks better, they're still big. Just so you know, my lips and gums are still swollen from the shots (yes, I had to get shots in my gums to numb the teeth). But this will do for now:
Don't mind the funny smile (ignore the irony), I still can't feel the upper part of my mouth. Which is pretty funny in itself.

So there, my new smile!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, I think they look GREAT!!! Really! And that picture of you is beautiful, I don't know what you're talking about. :)

Carla said...

I think you look gorgeous!!! Love the teeth!

If you think your teeth are big, you should take a close look at Devonn's sometime ;)

The Pollocks said...

Thanks guys!

carrin said...

Your teeth are beautiful Emilee!! I love you.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...