Friday, January 7, 2011

Crazy Week

 Oh man has this week been crazy. Definitely an interesting first week of 2011. After having a week off work, I definitely made up for it this week.

 Monday, I was scheduled to go into work around 3. However, someone called out, and I instead went in a few hours earlier- and stayed until closing. Long day! Tuesday was supposed to be my day off- until 2 people called out. So I went into work around 6am and didn't leave until about 3. I worked all day Wednesday, and Thursday, I closed the store late that night only to discover someone called out again- the opener for the next morning (this morning). So, I went into work 4 hours earlier than scheduled today and worked more than a full shift. Tomorrow would be my 6th day working. So, last night, I added up my work hours for the week and realized I was working full time hours. Full time hours= benefits. Obviously management wouldn't like that since I'm a part time employee. So, today during my shift, I casually mentioned the full time thing to the management and went along my way. Only minutes later did one of my managers approach me and say, "Don't worry about tomorrow. We have you covered." Worked like a charm ;)

 You can probably tell my brain is definitely shut off. Let's not forget to mention all the studying I've been attempting to schedule in around the crazy work week! Let's see, this unit I've been studying pulmonary medicine, cardiology and hematology, gastroenterology, and endocrinology. I'm currently on the gasteroenterology and learning interesting things about that area of the body. Did you know 50% of people who have been diagnosed with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) have reported a history of verbal or sexual abuse? Yeah, I didn't either until I read about it.

 Anyway, nothing else too new. Gary received another raise and I am extremely proud of him. Go babe!

 Oh, and I'm definitely loving this eReader. I've been using that thing way more than Gary has. I've read a few books already. Currently I'm reading book 2 of the Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Scary, yet full of very interesting facts and science. Emilee loves science. It's also making me use that define feature (where you touch a word in the book, hold down, and it will give you the option to define the word) like crazy when it comes to the scientific terms revolving around botany. One scene, however, doctors were performing some sort of autopsy on a victim who had been slaughtered and they used medical terminology like none other to describe the details. Let's just say it was pretty gross to understand everything. :)

One more random- Gary and I are currently watching Battlestar Galactica. I gotta say, it's pretty darn good...better than I expected. I also learned the creator is LDS and I researched the many similarities to the story and the church itself. It was rather interesting.

Okay, it's late, and it's time for bed! Just thought I'd give you a very random update. Night!

No comments:

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...