Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekends Are Fun


     I always love the weekend.  I get to hang out and spend time with the husband, which is always perfect!  Even if we don't really go anywhere or do much, it's just nice having him here all day, ya know? 

    Anyway, just kind of a recap of our weekend.  Saturday morning, I slept until about 10:20am, which is much longer than usual.  I had a bit of trouble sleeping the night before, because I just couldn't get comfortable.  That, and Gary snores when he first falls asleep.  I snore too, he's just a heavier sleeper, and I'm a very light sleeper.  So anything keeps me up.  I wound up sleeping on the couch that night.  Dexter bothered me around 8:00 because he wanted food.  I kept shoving him off of me so I could sleep, but I finally got up around 8:30 because the little bugger wouldn't leave me alone, and fed the cats.  I crawled back to the couch to sleep more, and was on and off until I finally got up for the morning.  That was fun as always.  Anyway, Gary and I didn't go out until around 1, so we hung out inside and caught up on our TV shows until then.  We first went to a place in Valencia/Saugus called the Do It Center. It's a hardware type store.  We always drive by it, and last week I wondered aloud what the place was all about.  So we went.  And I really liked it!  Not only did we have fun looking at the Halloween displays (they had a tent set up, made from green garbage bags, and inside there was a fog machine as well as scary displays; like a little spook alley), but it just had a lot of nice little things.  We looked at the grills, since Gary's been thinking about getting a propane grill along with our charcoal...or to replace, whichever.  There were those big kitchen ones we liked looking at, with the island bars, mini-fridge's etc.  We want to have that when we have a home someday...an outdoor kitchen.  We were watching HGTV one day about outdoor kitchens, and the thought thrilled Gary, so he's been looking forward to us one day having our own; and same here!  But anyway, we liked the store.

     After we went to that place, we headed to Canyon Country where we visited some Pawn Shops.  Didn't get anything, just did some browsing.  We realized Persian guys always seem to be the most honest around here.  Our mechanic is Persian, and he's always been very honest.  He doesn't really pay much attention to me, but he likes Gary and seems more friendly to him.  Gary says sometimes in specific cultures, women aren't all that important.  But, it could have been he was just too busy that day, considering it was a pretty busy morning.  So I'll go with that.  I mean, me?  Not important?  Pshh...

    Anyway, we got home, sat around for a bit, until Gary mentioned pizza.  It's his favorite food of all time, but because we're being healthier, we don't have it very often.  Plus, it's not a favorite food of mine.  Loved it when I was a kid, but when I got older, I suddenly stopped liking it as much, and ended up developing some anti-bread appetite.  I don't like anything breaded, or that involves bread.  I eat it, because it's good for me, but I can only eat so much before I'm sick of it again.  Weird...but yes.  So, we got online to look at the nearest pizza places (we live next to one, but it seemed a bit pricey).  When Gary lived in Taft, he would go to a place called Pizza Factory.  He introduced me when we were first married and visited Taft.  They have these cheese sticks in the size of a large pizza, and they were delicious!  Anyway, we both thought it was only a local Taft thing, and while I thought out loud how it would be cool to have one near us, my eyes came across it in the Google listings for pizza search.  And, there was one in Castaic.  So we called over there, ordered those cheese sticks, as well as some chicken wings, and drove there to pick them up.  Castaic is such a cute little town; cheaper than Valencia, too.  We were only in a small area off the freeway, so we didn't see too much, but it was cute.  So, that was our dinner.



     (Castaic)


  We discussed purchasing a home in Castaic as well, since the prices have always been lower there.  But we'll see!  I still have a feeling California isn't our home.  Gary is planning on getting his Dr's Degree, so wherever that will take us, is fine with me!

  So, that was our Saturday.  Sunday was nice and spiritual as always, and we had a lovely lesson on Eternal Families.  One of my favorite topics!

  Well, time to have some breakfast, then head to the gym today. Bye!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I don't know if The Pizza Factory you found is the same chain as the place I used to go to up in Provo at school, but if so, then YUM! I'll definitely have to check it out!

And thanks for inviting us to dinner last night--sorry we couldn't make it. I think Josh was pretty sad to miss out on steak, lol. But we had already defrosted chicken and we didn't want it to go bad since we won't be able to use it the next few days (we never have nice meals on the nights Josh works and I stay in Burbank, lol). Hopefully we can do something soon though!

Carla said...

Charcoal= way better tasting! Don't replace the charcoal grill.

PS- was it your RS society lesson that was on eternal families? I thought we were all supposed to be on the same lesson?... our eternal families lesson was last week.

Erin Marie said...

I vote the University of Utah, but I tell everyone to move up here, so I may be biased. :-)

GordonandChrissy said...

I was wondering the same thing about Pizza Factory, if it's the same as in Provo. If so - Megan, I agree - YUM!

Oh, and Megan said she'd let us know when Josh gets his new schedule for November and we'll get the game night re-booked. Sorry about the postponing. We're excited to have you all over!

GordonandChrissy said...

The first Friday in November it is! Josh has weekends off still, yay! So, put it on your calendar - Friday, November 6th. :)

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...