Saturday, October 10, 2009

Husband Time= Best Time

 Exactly why I love the weekends!

 I know he comes home at 4pm every Mon-Fri, but it's still nice to have weekends with him. When he comes home from work, he'd rather unwind and stay home and not go out places with me. :)

 So, today has been great (and exhausting, too!). I made homemade cheddar bagels for brunch, which turned out...ehh. The first time I made bagels they were too thick, this time a little thinner, but too eggy (because you use an egg spread before you bake them). So, they were okay enough. Filling, too!

After brunch, we stayed home and hung out with each other until 5, when we went to the church building. We volunteered to clean it (the activities committee) today, so that's what we did. I tackled the bathrooms, and Gary scrubbed out the kitchen, while the others vacuumed and cleaned windows, etc. It felt nice after, knowing we did some service.

After cleaning the building, we headed on over to Dippin' Dots and had some yummy ice cream!



 So, then we finally headed over to Smart & Final (or, as Gary's boss calls it, Fart & Smile), where we bought a few things. When we got home, I received a request from husband to make pizza, so I whipped out my cooking skillz and made some homemade stuffed-crust pizza. I personally don't like pizza, at all, but I know it's his fave. It has a funny shape to it, but apparently it's yum:



 Anyway, the weather has been PERFECT!  So the patio is always opened, as well as windows. The sky has been gorgeous as well.

 Well, time to finish up the evening with my favorite person! Tomorrow is Stake Conference, too!

Bye!


2 comments:

carrin said...

Pizza looks good! We went to a Stake Barn Dance and watched the floor show and music video's. It was really good of course Sis. Dunn was one of them in charge. We had Stake Conf. the week before Gen Conf. Have a great weekend!

Megan said...

I 100% agree with your title!!! :)
So glad you and Gary have been able to spend time together! That pizza does look quite tasty! and Dippin Dots are delicious too!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...