Monday, October 26, 2009

My Birthday Weekend

 Well, I had a long, but fun weekend! It felt good to come home and crash, though.

 Friday night, Gary and I went out and just did a little shopping. Didn't buy much, just wanted to spend some time together. On Saturday, we got up early and left for Bakersfield to visit family. We went to James' soccer game, which was too cute. I love how when watching a soccer game with little kids, you see a ball, then a swarm of children chasing it. James was super cute, too. Often times he'd be in lala land, but I was a lot like that too as a kid, haha. Anyway, don't know who won, we left when it was a 2 to 1, James' team in the lead.
After James' game, we headed clear across town to little Dylan's 1st birthday party. All I can say is wow! There were so many people there, and so many presents. What a popular and spoiled little boy. Super adorable, though, can't deny that.

When we left Dylan's party, we headed to my parents house, where we stayed for dinner and spent the night. I got some neat presents and good amount of money. The cake Carla made was really really good; in fact, I requested it, haha. But, the evening was fun. Quinn, Gary and I spent a good chunk of the evening talking about anything and everything. It's always good when Quinn's around , and it's always nice catching up, too.



My birthday cake. Yum!!

So, after a fun-filled night, Gary and I finally crashed in the family room. Gary slept on the air mattress, and I took the big comfy couch. I didn't fall asleep right away, because it was a bit TOO comfy, and I was wearing my thermal pj's. I got too warm and kicked them off. I was able to fall asleep quickly after that. I woke up to a meowing cat (Behemoth) who wanted to go outside.

Gary and I attended Sacrament with my fam, then headed off to Taft to visit his parents. We had a great time catching up, ate a delicious lunch, then spent some time chatting. I also helped my MIL make little crafts for her primary. They turned out super cute, and I was glad to help!

Finally we headed home, where we crashed for the night. We tried watching a scary movie to end my birthday, but we were too tired.

Anyway, here's one of my favorite presents:


It's a 12 gauge Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight shotgun. Thanks, Dad! It's a beauty, too. Gary's parents also gave us a new computer, which we already love. I'm also liking Windows 7 so far. Very nice!

Well, that was the weekend. Don't have much else to update. Later everyone!

2 comments:

Megan said...

HAAAAAAAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sounds like an awesome birthday weekend!!! So fun! You definitely deserve it!

And that cake looks like a round cake shaped chocolate eclair... yummm! I'll have to drop by a b-day gift for you soon!

carrin said...

So glad you could come down, I always enjoy when you both are here! Love you

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...