Monday, October 12, 2009

Good Ol' Days


     Okay, so I originally wanted to post a blog last night, but since Blogger is... having issues, it deleted my post when I was pretty much done with it.

    So, we'll start off with Sunday, which was a great day! Gary had a pretty bad night and didn't fall asleep until about 4:30am! Poor guy. He tried sleeping on the couch, then back in the bedroom, then back out...eventually I moved out to the couch and slept there the rest of the night. Anyway, since Gary had finally fallen asleep, I got up, and sneaked off to Stake Conference myself. It was wonderful! We sustained our new Stake Presidency, and got to hear their testimonies, as well as many other spiritual testimonies.

  We met at our ward building instead of the stake building, because our stake is too big. We have 9 wards! So, as you can imagine, we couldn't all fit in one building...so our ward met at the Skycrest building (our ward building), and we watched a broadcast of it.

  For the first half, I wasn't feeling too well. I had forgotten my meds that morning (don't know if that was the reason or not), and I felt awful. I ended up saying a prayer halfway through that I'd make it through the rest. Of course, after my prayer, I felt wonderful and was able to sit through the rest. Walking out to my car was a different story. No clue what caused this, but this was seriously the closest I came to passing out. While walking to my car, my head felt like a balloon, my hearing went out, almost completely, and I saw spots. I felt like I was hanging upsidedown. Finally I sat down in my car, and said another prayer that I'd make it home safely. And of course, I did. Once I got home, I drank water, took my meds, and kicked it for a bit.

     Around dinner time, we grilled up juicy steaks (you know, Sunday being our grilling day). Well, actually Gary grilled them up, while I made and baked up some Apple Crisp, using some of our delicious apples. The steaks we had were London Broil, and they were HUGE!



(Of course we didn't eat all of it, no freaking way)







And I love this picture, especially with the fact he's lickin' his chops:




My lovely dessert (I quickly realized while taking this picture, it wasn't completely done. I had to pop it back in the oven for anothe 20 mins or so) And yes, I forgot to peel the apples :)



 So, after a big yummy and filling dinner, we settled down to some tv and husband and wifey time.

 And today has gone pretty well, too! I've spent a good chunk of it outside so far, so much that I missed Chrissy's call. Luckily I noticed it in time, and called her back. She invited me to the lake, where we took a couple of laps around, and did quite the chatting. She brought the cutest little guy, Spencer, along as well. It was very nice. This weather has been AMAZING!

So, that's been my day so far. Got home, did some cleaning, ate some fruit, and now I have a few places to go before husband comes home.

Leaving with a few pictures. I snapped a couple of the lake this morning before I met Chrissy:

this one's pretty
:



It was even raining a bit this morning, and we should be definitely getting more rain later. Yay! I love clouds and wind!

PS- Just a story. I took Gary to the lake sometime last week, but at night. I had never been at night before. There were bunnies everywhere! So, while I was giggling and talking baby to the cute little bunnies, and while Gary was laughing at my cutesie voice, a coyote leapt out from bush within a few feet of us, grabbed one of the bunnies, and leapt back into the bush. We stood there for a second just blinking, then headed home a little sad, lol.









7 comments:

carrin said...

Poor bunny, but better it than you, I love this cloudy weather too, I so hope we get rain! We have to try and find a plumber to fix the cabin so we can go up there this winter, no fun without a working toilet.

The Pollocks said...

Digging holes aren't so bad...lol j/k. Toilets are nice. I'd love to visit the cabin sometime this Winter!

Megan said...

I'm glad you're all right! Feeling like your going to pass out is almost as bad as feeling like you're going to throw up... ICK.

Did Chrissy mention to you that we're going to have a game night a week from Friday (the 23rd) at 7:30pm? It's going to be at her house, and we wanted to make sure we invited you and Gary! If you can bring a snack or dessert to share, that'd be great, but if not still come! :)
And thanks for posting her blog link--she's talked about it to me a few times when she's visit taught me, but I never have actually gone on and found it! haha

The Pollocks said...

Yeah, she told me about the game night! We'll definitely be there :)

Megan said...

YAY!! :D

GordonandChrissy said...

You saw a coyote? Yikes! I've walked over there at night before too, but I thought I was safe over there away from the dry creek bed a bit. I guess not. Sheesh. Now I'm scared ... not too scared not to go over, though. I can roll over them with my honkin' big stroller! Ha.

I wish. I'd just scream and run away.

Em said...

Lol, Chrissy. He was so fast to jump out and jump back in; paid no attention to us. Guess the bunnies looked more delicious :)

Yeah, I remember sitting at the lake one day, and a man on a bike mentioned he didn't see many ducks (there were hardly any there that day), then went on to talk about the coyotes around there. I didn't think much until we actually saw one jump out.

It wasn't exactly AT the lake, it was more...behind the complex, where the walking trail is (off of McBean, ya know?). But yeah.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...