Monday, September 21, 2009

Sick Weekend, DMV Monday

The weekend was okay. Gary and I had originally planned to visit Taft on Saturday, but as you know, we didn't. Instead, we spent the day together. We ran a few errands, had a delicious dinner, and settled down to watch some movies.


 Saturday night was interesting, though. I had been suffering a bit of insomnia. I woke several times in the night, once running to the bathroom from an upset stomach. I felt very achy and sick the next morning, yet I couldn't fall back to sleep...some reason my body was saying no, although I was deprived of it. So I curled up on the couch and missed church.  We'll be there next Sunday though. I always hate missing church. The RS lessons are always wonderful, and I just love our British Sunday School teacher :) . He's very good at it!

Anyway, my dreams have been getting crazier every night (I mean, last night was about being at the cabin, although it didn't look like the cabin, and pictures on the wall were coming to life; even Jazmine ticked off a bear who was once a statue, and ended up coming after us). Those are for another time, though.

Today was even more...fun (insert sarcasm here). Okay, so I had a DMV appointment this morning to renew my car registration. It never came in the mail like it was supposed to do, so I had assumed they mailed it to our old address. When I arrived at the DMV, I realized there was absolutely no parking spots. I had to park 2 blocks down. Not very exciting. Luckily I had left early, so I walked into the building a few minutes early.


Anyway, I walked up when my number was quickly called, and I told the lady about the situation. She looks at my information, then tells me the registration was sent in the middle of June, to our new address. Well, clearly we didn't receive it. Because of all of this, including not paying a month in advance, there's giant fees slapped on. I wasn't pleased. Originally I was supposed to be paying about $93, and in the end my total was $161. So I paid. Yeah. But to add on to this fun, I was told to get a smog first; I haven't done that in years. So I grabbed the papers, called Gary and left a message, then headed home. I wanted to let Gary know before making any decisions. I honestly thought he wasn't going to be happy about it all, but since I'm blessed with a wonderful man, he told me he wasn't upset, then said, "That's what savings are for". So, I went on my way and paid another $68 for the smog. A bit pricey, I know. But the customer service was excellent, and it took maybe 5 minutes.

 While at home, the building alarms have gone off, so I stood outside with Dexter to see what was going on. It lasted for a good while, but they stopped so I assumed it to be a test. I then received a text from Gary, asking me to make his favorite meal today since his day has been pretty long; poor guy.

Anyway, time to clean up this place and wait for my husband to come home.

Ending with some pictures for you:

Lake:
View from somewhere on someone's porch:





A little seating area



Just some more









Lunch time anyone?




Okay, that's all.

PS- I hate Blogger's new updated thing. It sucks. Really, it's terrible. I can't drag the pictures where I want them to go, so it took like 10 minutes just to get them here. Really, they are bad. And what's up with scrolling down a mile before you can see comments??











































































































3 comments:

carrin said...

lol I told Jazmine about your dream

Megan said...

I've been having the same problem with the pictures! What the heck, it's so darn annoying....

That stinks about the DMV! But thank you for paying your registration, even if it was a hassle and expensive, because that's how they pay the CHP. :)

I hope tomorrow is better!

Carla said...

Dang that was like 3 miles to the comment link. Well, I hope you feel better and start sleeping lovely sister. Although, Jazmine ticking off a bear would have been a funny dream- in the most twisted sense of the word.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...