Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Location

So, this is our new blog and location. I switched, mostly because it's easier for family to find us when they see "Pollocks" instead of "Mrsemilee". Besides, I was dealing with weird stalkerish things as well. Gary can also contribute if he's up to it.

As soon as Gary DOES get up this morning, we're going to Panera Bread, then heading out to Taft. You see, Britney's wedding reception is this Friday, and we were planning on coming down (still planning), and staying in Bakersfield for the night, then going to Taft Saturday morning. Well, Gary misunderstood, and told his dad we were going to Taft today, so when he called last night asking if we were still coming to visit, we said yes. So we'll be in Taft today, and next week as well. I really love visiting his family; their home is so cozy and I just love being there.

Gary had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Nothing bad of course, he just needed his tetnaus shot updated, and a few other things checked out. So far he's been healthy with no call backs, which makes me happy. We're both focusing on losing weight and eating better anyway. In fact, yesterday, I attempted to make his favorite calzones (we're eating better, but I promised him I'd still make him calzones once a week), but I had forgotten yeast, so most of them fell apart and only one survived. Well, I had a bad recipe anyway, so Gary said he didn't like the way it tasted, and tossed it out. There went dinner. But we headed over to Pavilions, and went to their fresh deli section and purchased bread bowls with our pick of soup. We also got a pineapple, which I chopped up when we got home.

Another thing we did, is we purchased a smaller television for the bedroom...just so we can watch movies and things. We hooked up the cable, and realized we get every channel, which is excellent. I don't really watch it unless I'm folding laundry or we're in bed watching something together, but it's nice to be in there.

Well, that's all for now. Later!

1 comment:

J said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...