Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Results

 It's so great to finally see some results here! When a person begins to exercise, they shouldn't feel upset if they don't see instant results. Normally, fat burns before the pounds start coming off, if that makes any sense. Well, I've been complimented on how I look a little thinner, and I was happy to step on the scale this morning to see I'm a few pounds lighter. It'll be quite a process to lose this weight, but I'm not giving up. A few pounds for now is good enough for me!

Speaking of, I was reading an article in some health magazine the other day, and it talked about how to burn more fat and lose more weight just by walking. But it wasn't talking about the "headphones and speeding" type. The walking they were mentioning is called Meditation Walking. Now, this doesn't mean closing your eyes and humming to yourself, or anything silly looking like that. It focuses on...well, meditating. Focus on your breathing, enjoy the scenery around you, focus on how you walk instead of just walking. For more info, it explains here: What is Walking Meditation? When I go to the gym, I usually stick on my MP3 player and listen to music. Although there are televisions and a built-in radio, it's nice having my own music. Besides, being in an air-conditioned gym, there's really not much else to see or experience. When I go for walks outside, I always take my camera, I never wear my headphones, and I enjoy seeing everything, feeling the wind in my hair or sun beat down on me...even the smell outside,  and my breathing. Boy does it make walking much more fun! Every now and then I'll stop and snap a few photos. And I walk at a pretty decent pace, it's not like I frolic or sing on my way (though that would be quite funny).

Anyway, I know I've mentioned this lake thing a lot, it just feels good to be blocks away from something like this. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love our apartment and location. I don't want Gary to think I only walk there so I can dream of living there. I walk there because it gives me motivation, seeing everything and meeting a lot of friendly people. I saw the cutest thing not only yesterday, but today as well. So, a few more pictures.



I walked to the end of the lake today, so here's a back view:

 

 Just a gorgeous house I came across:



Saw a bunch of these cute little guys: (notice the little guy in the background)



 
A diving goose:


 More geese:




Fish fountain:



I had a couple of videos, but they're nothing but ducks and turtles swimming :)

  Anyway, I'm going to have a bit of lunch, then I have some errands to run. Have a great day everyone!






















5 comments:

Megan said...

EMILEE. I TOTALLY wanted to see you frolicking and singing as you went for a walk! Sheesh. You're such a party pooper!

HAHAH ;)

So glad that you're starting to see results--that always feels GREAT!

carrin said...

It's so pretty there, I wish i could walk without having to hold my breath, lol keep up the great work

The Pollocks said...

Lol, Megan. Next time, just for you...I'll record it and the strange reactions around me as well ;)

Lol, Mom. I know, silly Bakersmog.

Erin Marie said...

I read an article that said walking in spurts - walk at an easy pace, then walk/jog for 30 seconds to a minute, then walk at an easy pace again - burns more calories than just plain ol' speed walking.

The Pollocks said...

Thanks! I'll have to try that one as well!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...