Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fingers, Toes and Eyes are Crossing

Note: I also updated my girly blog.
 Of course, crossing my eyes probably won't be much help.

All is well in the Pollock home. I know, it's been awhile; but seriously, there's really nothing too exciting that's been going on around here. Gary's working, Emilee's sitting around and scratching her nose...okay, not really.

So some of you know the school thing went a little out of plan. Financial aid had some issues, classes were canceled, and waiting lists were too full, which left me with little to do. It was a bit last minute to throw everything together for school, I know. But there's always spring.

However, you know how I mentioned I'm leaving my options open? Well, a beautiful opportunity happened to present itself to me and I'm very much eager to move forward. Last week, a company here in Valencia gave me a call and had me come in to fill out some forms and take some tests to work for them as a receptionist. I was tested in math, English, and MS Office software to see where my qualifications were. I was in there for 3 hours; interview included. I was a bit nervous after, wondering how well I tested. However, I was told I scored the highest that week so I should have no concern.

Last night, I was called in again to have a second interview today. I was very pleased with this interview because it went so well. I spoke to a few people and was given a full run-down of the job and requirements. I left pretty confident and will find out Friday if I was selected for the position.

Here are some great things about the job:

It's Monday-Friday, set hours. I'll be out 2-3 hours before Gary gets off work, which will give me plenty of time to prepare dinner and such. Weekends and afternoon/evenings off= amazing. Not only are they closed on weekends, but they're closed on holidays as well.

It's 30 hours per week, which Gary and I are both pleased with. It will give me a full afternoon and evening at home to do errands and other wifely duties. Plus, it leaves the door open for school if I choose to add classes later. I also have the choice to increase the hours to 40 if I choose to several months from now.

The people there are sweethearts, including the owners (husband and wife). Most of the time the owners will be away (they work out of the home for the most part and travel to visit family frequently). So, including them, there are 5 people who work for the company, 3 who work in the building itself. I would be the 4th. The reason why they want a fourth person is so the owners can spend more time away with family (they're of retirement age). There's an office manager who runs the office. I'd also be cross-trained.

Here's another amazing thing- it's less than a mile away AND walking distance from Gary's job. The two buildings are just a block away from each other. I think that's pretty awesome.

So, I'm thrilled and am definitely excited about this. It seems like the perfect job AND with good pay. I definitely love how the owner told me, "our office manager did an amazing job choosing you as a candidate." There's only one other person they will be interviewing later. So, yes. Fingers, toes, eyes, and everything else is crossed.


In other news, this is the cutest video ever. I about died. I WANT ONE!!!

Ticklish Penguin- (the short version)





2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, that definitely sounds like a wonderful job opportunity! It's funny how when one door closes Heavenly Father always opens another one that'll lead us in the path that He wants us to take! I am definitely crossing my fingers and toes for you too! I can't cross my eyes, otherwise I'd be doing that as well. ;) Let us know as soon as you find out!

Britney said...

That sounds awesome, Emilee! I'll keep my fingers, toes, and eye crossed for you, too (I can only cross one eye, which I didn't find out until adulthood, so you can imagine how foolish I've looked all these years crossing one eye, believing I was crossing them both. People probably felt sorry for me, haha). And I totally want a penguin, too!! Have you seen Mr. Popper's Penguins?? Ah, it made me want one so bad. But that video... all the thoughts and feelings that arose when I thought petite lap giraffes were real JUST CAME RUSHING BACK! And with a vengeance!! Anyway, I'm glad to hear you and Gary are well! Love you!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...