Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Small Update

    Our high today is 80. According to our 10-day forecast, we won't be going above 90. This is good news. This morning is a bit foggy, but it's beautiful and I'm loving it. I cannot wait until fall. This is a open-window kind of day.

    Sorry for the small brag, it's been pretty warm here lately so I'm soaking this one in.

   As for the Pollocks, all is going well. Gary's been enjoying his job as usual, and I've been enjoying life.  He is starting to develop mouse shoulder though, so we're working on his posture. It has to be hard sitting at a desk all day. I'm trying to get him to take actual breaks and go for walks during his workdays. Poor guy. He's been really busy though too during work.

   For my work, I haven't really been working. I work 2 days this week, each shift 4 hours. I try and be productive though. Errands, shopping (without spending too much), studying, whatever. When Gary gets home I try not to pull and drag him shopping somewhere, but it gets tempting.

Speaking of, we found an amazing Japanese restaurant nearby and they have the best food/sushi. We've been to a few places to experiment, but this one came out on top. It's new, too, but got incredible reviews from not only friends, but people in the area.



  It's named Sushi One. The sushi was seriously the best. The white fish, the shrimp, the cream cheese and avocado. Mmm, I'm already ready to go back there! Some of them were crunchy and deep fried. Just yum. So seriously, if you're ever in the area, go there! You will not regret it.

  We had an amazing dessert, too. Strawberry mochi ice cream. Delish!



Besides that, there really isn't much else to update. I might have some cool news later, but we'll see. I did update 2 of my blogs though. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Devonn said...

Sigh- I'm jealous of your weather, BIG TIME! Excited to read your other blogs though :)

Devonn said...

CRAP- This is Carla, not Devonn.

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

I think I have commented before but, just in case I haven't..hi my name is Amanda. I started reading your blog from http:
//anothersmithclan.blogspot.com/, I think.

Anyway...way to go on being healthier, you look awesome.

I don't know why but, every time I click on your blog I assume that you are going to be pregnant. I too struggled with infertility (somehow it fixed itself 3 times.) I would love an invite to be able to read about what's new in the fertility department, if not I understand seeing as how we don't know each other at all.

I enjoy reading your blog

carrin said...

haha I wondered about "Devonn's" comment

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...