Friday, September 2, 2011

My Day

 So, my day was a little blah today. I called back the job place and realized I didn't get the position. Unfortunately they decided they wanted somebody who spoke Spanish- which the other girl did. So, she got the position. I was rather bummed, considering it seemed so promising. Usually having 2 interviews and everything else I went through makes one think all is well. I just really wished they put it in the job description. I told them my very first meeting I didn't speak Spanish and I was told it was no big deal and I shouldn't be concerned. Fantastic, huh?

Oh, well, life goes on. I spent the day feeling completely blah and pigged out. I was nervous about tracking my calories because of it, so I decided tonight I was going to run. I ran 3.5 miles (to Bridgeport lake, around the lake, and back home) extremely proud of myself for running for so long nonstop. Just a few months ago I couldn't run more than 5 minutes straight. I really pushed it this time, determined and just kept flowing. It was amazing. I also learned running on a treadmill is much different than running outside. Lol.

When I got home, I had the nerve to track my caloric intake for the day only to realize I totally didn't go over my calorie limit- probably because I didn't have time to eat lunch. So, that felt even more amazing. Still wish I didn't eat those nachos though. Luckily the cheese sauce was more of a fondue sauce and only 130 calories- which made it way better and healthier than cheddar cheese.

Anyway, that's the update. I still feel completely bloated and blah, but at least knowing I ran so well tonight makes me feel a little better.

I also updated my other blogs.

Night peeps! Time to enjoy the 3-day weekend with the husband (and the beach later!).

2 comments:

carrin said...

well it just wasn't meant to be, sometimes we can't see the whole picture, can't wait to see you at the beach! Love you

Megan said...

i'm seriously bummed out to hear the job didn't come through... grrr... days like that totally warrent nachos. yum! and kudos to you for going running! that takes huge amounts of motivation, which I do not have. Keep up the good work!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...