Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fall!

 Welcome to fall everyone! I am so happy. Being in a festive mood, I organized, dusted and deep cleaned the apartment; then brought out my fall and Halloween decorations. I've had these decorations for some time now, and I was very tempted to go and buy more, but I kept myself from doing so since we're a little tight this week.

 Target has been the worst, though. Luckily I haven't splurged there yet. I just LOVE Target. I really do. It's the greatest store ever. They have the cutest items and I love their seasonal section. Considering Target is just a walk away makes it even harder to keep from running there and buying everything. Because I would. Seriously.

About Target, right now they are in the process of turning it into a Super Target, which will be finished by October. They will have a whole grocery section and everything. Pretty scary. But exciting.

  Nothing too exciting, but still makes it look all festive-like. See that candle above? That's from Target. I love those candles. Not only are they big, but the wax is amazing meaning they last a long time. Gary was the one who talked me into them because he likes them too. They work really well, better than a Yankee candle if you ask me (and much cheaper). The whole place smells like fresh pumpkin pie the moment you open the lid (before lighting it).

    Anyway, I did rather enjoy myself. I've been enjoying the weather too this week and I'm glad things are starting to cool off. We didn't really have too warm of a summer this year (unlike last with all those heat waves), but still warm enough to sweat.



     He really would sleep out there all day if given the chance. In the evening time, he's pawing at the door handle. However, it's praying mantis season and often he'll bring a friend in to his mom so they can play with it together. 99% of the time I'm able to save the poor thing. But sometimes I'm forced to keep him inside during the evening to prevent that from happening. Fly to your freedom little guy!

      In other news, Gary is slowing starting to feel better. He had a stomach bug that literally lasted a week. He forced himself to work everyday until he would throw up and would come home during lunch. He only missed one day of work and came home twice during lunch. Otherwise, he stuck it out. He's definitely a hard worker. The other evening, I had him go for a walk for fresh air with me and took him to Bridgeport. He admitted it helped tremendously.

     I'm glad I'm starting to get my poor husband back.

     Anywho, it's a Saturday morning and I plan to do something about it. Time to get things done. It's been smelling like rain all morning so it definitely has been boosting my mood. Bye!

3 comments:

Carla said...

Our Target is a super Target. It's cool, but there isn't a huge grocery section and it's a bit overpriced. Walmart's grocery store is WAY better (Did I just say that!? )

I'm jealous that you have one of those candles, I want one but I don't NEED one so I'm not getting it...

Megan said...

GAH! The cute decorations! The pumpkin pie candle! MUST... DECORATE... MY... HOUSE... NOW!!!!!! Except for I don't have time this week. But that was my big plan to pull my autumn/Halloween stuff out while I listen/watch General Conference on Saturday. I seriously can't wait. I will have to do the Target run to get one of those candles though!

carrin said...

lol Carla

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...