Friday, April 1, 2011

Springtime

 Ah, the weather is finally warming up. It feels so fantastic! I'm sure it will probably get cold again then warm again, but I'll enjoy this while it lasts!

Since springtime is here, it's time to start talking about spring cleaning. That's going to be exciting (not really). Also, our lease is up next month and I contacted the office about possibly upgrading. They said we'd get a nice special on our rent each month and some of our deposits will be covered. Whatever we get back from our security deposit will help and hopefully we'll get the $500 off rent for one month for staying with them like we did last year which will also help. They want to show Gary and I their higher bedroom apartments so we can choose within the next 4-5 weeks.  I know I mentioned earlier our thoughts of leaving this complex but things have improved thus far. No more nosy neighbors, no more notices, etc. In fact, the new management sent a letter out to every resident telling us all to follow the new rules. I guess they got tired of hearing all the whining from the nosy neighbors. Plus, moving out is expensive.



Anyway, I did do a little bit of spring cleaning. I reorganized the living room and the patio and moved the table back outside. We didn't even use it anyway. Well, we DID, but not for meals and such. It became more of a "let's just put stuff here". So now we have more space again. If we do upgrade, we will have a separate dining room and this time it won't be in the way of everything so we'd have less of a desire to toss stuff on it. So, we'll see. When I turn in rent in a little bit I'll sit down with management and see if I can work something out. I won't confirm anything of course, because I need a husband to help with that. Besides, he's better with the whole asking questions and seeking better arrangements. I don't really have charisma like he does. I'm so glad I married someone with better social skills than myself.

In other news, my stomach has been bothering me lately and I'm starting to believe it's peptic ulcers. Oh, the joys. I wouldn't say gallbladder because sometimes I'll have that pain too (it doesn't happen too frequently) and it's much different. This is more of a gnawing feeling like I'm starving and it wakes me up in the night. I'm leaning more toward ulcer based on the symptoms. I suppose I should get that checked out...

However, it's time for me to finish enjoying my day off before I work my long Saturday shift tomorrow. Things to do!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, go you for cleaning and organizing! I think I'll do my spring cleaning... later...... hahaha

I hope you figure out your tummy problems soon -- does not sound fun!

Carla said...

The gnawing, hunger pain feeling does sound like an ulcer. The right medication would clear that up pretty quickly.

Have fun cleaning. Devonn and I need to clean out all our closets and drawers... fun stuff.

carrin said...

ooh bigger apartment sounds exciting, and moving will really help with spring cleaning, I dread the day we move, being in a house for 21 years and counting you sure collect a lot of junk. ugh... Looking forward to Disneyland!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...