Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Gary and I definitely enjoyed our Easter weekend.

Early Saturday morning, Gary and I headed out to Taft for his mother's wedding. It was wonderful to see so much family and to witness a beautiful wedding. His mother looked beautiful in her red dress and everyone looked so nice. After the wedding, Gary and I continued to hang out with family until the night, where we spent the night in Taft.

Sunday morning, we headed to Bakersfield where we were able to spend time with my family for Easter Sunday. It was nice. We ate too much chocolate and enjoyed a delicious smoked chicken and ribs dinner. It was a nice visit and we headed home in the evening. I didn't get too many pictures because my camera died and I'm having zero luck finding the charger. But here are some pics from others:
Gary and I





























 The picture above is my nephew Andrew and I. We had a fun game of hide and seek prior to this picture before it got too crazy, haha.

Anyway, Easter was nice. Gary and I then returned home and have been resting since. Well, kind of. We slept in a bit this morning, then headed out to do some shopping. We went out to lunch at BJ's, where we both bought the tomato bisque soup with ham and cheese and an appetizer of the margherita fresca flat bread.





























 After we filled our tummies, we walked around the mall for a bit and stopped in Sears. We decided since we've been saving money and paid off our credit cards and all our debts, we would get something nice for ourselves. So, we bought a new TV!

It's a Samsung 55" LCD with 1080p. It's gorgeous.

Once again, my camera died. so I tried to get a few photos with my cell.



































Cell phone pictures are never the best, but they'll do.

Anyway, Gary's been going nuts with his video games on it.

So on that note, we are wanting to do something with our other TV. We bought it in '08 and it's in excellent condition. No scratches or damage, no fixed or dead pixels, or any other problems for that matter. It's a 42" plasma with 720p. We're going to try and sell it for $300 OBO. So if you're interested, let me know.

Okay, time for slushes and some more fun with hubby. Bye!

4 comments:

carrin said...

So glad you got to come hang out Easter Sunday, we always enjoy spending time with you and Gary. Wow what a beautiful TV! Good luck with your job, and yes we ate too much chocolate, I am still eating too much chocolate.

Carla said...

Thanks a lot for leaving all of that chocolate at your parents, punk. I ate like all the reese's and kit-kats today.

It was fun to see you guys though!

Megan said...

Don't show that TV to Josh, he might steal it from you!!! hahahaha ok not really. But seriously, it looks awesome! And BJs... Y U M!!! So glad you guys were able to enjoy such a wonderful Easter weekend!

Andrea Le Albee said...

That food looks SO yummy!
I'm so happy you had such a great Easter with your family!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...