Thursday, April 14, 2011

Due for an Update

The flowers spread all around the outside of our complex
 Good morning, everyone. It is such a beautiful spring morning! The birds are all singing outside and the cat is watching/listening himself. That blasted cat-it's pretty cold since it's so early but I opened the door for him. Okay, and a little for myself because I love listening to nature.


Anyway, it's been awhile since I've updated anything! Our pet care manager left recently as well as another pet care associate, so we've been short-staffed; and as you can probably figure out, I've been working extra hours. However, I have been greatly enjoying this week because I have been opening all these days. Today is the only day this week I close. Besides, my schedule is a Mon-Fri schedule, allowing me the weekend off-which I am thrilled about. I love having the weekend off. I hope I continue to get morning shifts because it's great being able to come home during the day and having the evening off.

So, what's new? Last Monday I had the opportunity to visit Disneyland with my family. Gary was out of town on a business trip, so it was just me and my fam. We had a great time! I definitely had an excellent time myself since I hadn't been to Disneyland in years. Seriously, years. I especially enjoyed being able to hang out with my 2 favorite boys (James and Andrew) and socialize more with adorable little Lexi (nephews and niece). I hadn't seen her since Christmas so it was nice being able to play with her and see her precious grins and giggles. The lines weren't too bad either. We were smart with the fast passes, so we didn't wait longer than half an hour for any ride (or 20 mins for that matter I believe). We got there pretty early, so we were able to grab the favorite rides first (pirates, space and thunder mountain, etc). Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera so I wasn't able to snap any photos with it. But that's okay! I still had a great time.

Gary and I also had the opportunity to visit with our "monthly friends" for a fun Easter lunch. We had salad, super yummy soup, rolls, and delicious cupcakes. The girls sat around and chatted about homes, babies and pretty much everything else while dyeing Easter eggs and the boys broke off into groups, went into different rooms, and played video games through a network. Boys :). But we both had a great time! It's always nice to be able to hang out with friends regularly.

As for school, as soon as my last payment goes through, they'll send me the final exam. My last payment will be next month or the month after (one of those). So no graduation yet, but that's fine. I was able to find a great job network site where I can start work if I need to. But I'll hold off until I'm able to stay home (it's a work from home job). If I were to go into working in the medical field, I want to start by working in a practice or hospital before I start working at home since it guarantees hours and a regular schedule. As for now, I applied to step in as the pet care manager for Petsmart, so we'll see what happens. If I get the job to run pet care, my income will really jump up and the extra money will go straight to savings.

Speaking of money and such (new topic), we decided we're probably going to stay in our same apartment for the next year. Why? Because our rent was raised. We'll be paying an extra $75 each month on this place. It doesn't hurt us, but we don't want to upgrade anymore since the upper bedroom rents jumped up as well. I also don't feel like finding a new place and complex altogether either because I hate moving. That, and the cost of all the new deposits and everything. Gary called our management yesterday to see if he could drop the rent down a little since our carpet is so old and we've reached the 2-year mark on the walls (they repaint walls after 2 years and replace the carpet every 5 years). We confirmed the carpet was old enough so if we did move, we wouldn't be charged. However, the complex was unable to lower our rent (since it wasn't entirely up to them they say, and forms would have to be filled out, etc) but they did offer to upgrade anything in our apartment if we need it. They are willing to install a ceiling fan in our living room, change our carpet, or upgrade anything else we request. I think Gary wants to keep the old carpet because he doesn't want to ruin new carpet and get charged for it when we do eventually move someday. So I guess it's not that bad. I was glad to hear the management was willing to work with us; an improvement indeed.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Time to enjoy my morning!

The blossoming trees just outside our place about a month ago. They're much fuller now.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Disneyland! I love Disneyland! I totally forgot my camera when I went a few months ago too! What's up with that?? *sigh*

I'm crossing my fingers for you to get the promotion for work! Any extra money going into savings is awesome!!! And also I am so excited for you to get that final and be done with your school! So great to have one more big accomplishment under your belt!

Carla said...

Disneyland WAS fun! I wish you and your parents had annual passes too, it would be fun to go more often. Awesome that they didn't find your knife LOL. Anyway, hope you get the promotion!

carrin said...

Aww Emilee and a knife in her purse, who would have thought? Well then again you are a Holsonbake, :) I had a wonderful time at Disneyland! So glad you were with us,and good job with school and I hope you get your promotion.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...