Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Much Needed Trip

 Hey, people.

 The weekend was wonderful! On Saturday (which I happily had off), we had some family come to visit us (Gary's mom and a friend of hers). We took them around our outdoor mall/patios and went out to lunch. It was quite fun and it was nice to have company. After they had departed, I mentioned to Gary I was still interested in going to the beach sometime soon. He then said, "okay, let's go", found us a hotel, made a reservation, and drove us down there.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on the Channel Island harbor. It was beautiful! The best part about our room? The view:

Random photo of Gary setting things up. But that was our bed.

Here was our desk area/tv

Our balcony

However, we didn't keep that specific room. At about 10-10:30 last night, after we had our pizza (which we drove around everywhere looking for the pizza place), our smoke alarm starting acting all kinds of strange and making buzzing noises. We called the front desk and they moved us to a new room. Luckily it was the same type of room with a marina view as well, AND they gave us a discount on our stay in apology for the smoke alarm issue. So this is the view from the room we spent the night in.

After we checked out of our lovely hotel, we headed over to the nearest beach which was quiet and peaceful and just beautiful. We played in sand, got our feet numb by the water and looked at washed-up clams and such. Gary loves playing the water. Haha. The weather was just perfect.
  Finally we headed home. It was a short vacation, but well worth it. It was a much needed getaway.

  There also was a nice bonus to the trip. I found some rare treasure. The chance of me finding something like this is 1 in 5000. Pretty awesome. I won't share yet, not until I get more information on the value.

Well, that's that. Time to spend the rest of the day with husband!

4 comments:

Carla said...

Ooohh, a cliffhanger. My guess is a super awesome, round, natural pearl.

Britney said...

So let me get this straight... your weekend was filled with fun, suspense (the fire alarm), romance, and burried treasure?!? That's too much excitement for one weekend. I'm jealous!

Megan said...

Sounds heavenly!! What a gorgeous view, and the weather looks like it was perfect! I'm so glad you two were able to get away and enjoy some time together. :) Can't wait to hear about your "bonus." hee hee

carrin said...

WE had a great little get away to Ventura too, I posted on my blog. It's wonderful to get away and smell the ocean.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...