Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Love My Life

 I have such a great life and I really love everything about it.

 Gary and I stumbled across this reality television show on VH1 (yes, I know) called You're Cut Off. For those who don't know much about the show, it's about these highly rich and spoiled brat women who become financially cut off by mom and/or dad or spouse because of their excessive spending habits and are placed in a several-week program to teach them what life really is about. Gary and I normally don't watch reality shows, but we couldn't help but find amusement from something like this. We don't have cable anymore, but like mentioned earlier, we have a Roku and a Hulu Plus account.

Anyway, it's amazing how women like this are and it very much reminds me of stories in the scriptures where the wicked are described as those who only care about riches and wealth. So the program they go through involves them getting jobs, cleaning up after themselves, doing chores and earning their own money (which is "poor people" money). We do find it rather amusing. One woman admits she refused to breastfeed her child because she didn't want to wake up in the night. She also admitted to never changing a diaper in her life because "that's what my housekeeper is for". She doesn't tend to her crying baby either because she needs beauty rest. None of the girls knew how to do chores, use a vacuum, do laundry, dishes, etc. One girl couldn't tell the difference between a dishwasher and oven. It was incredible how spoiled these women were. The only way they can earn anything is if they work for it, otherwise they're left out. They're also only given $200/week for groceries for 9 girls so they are forced to clip coupons and budget. It's hilarious. Anyway, every week they either receive a  passing grade or are failed and in the end, it will be decided whether they get their money back or are cut off permanently.

On that note, I feel sooo blessed to be where I am today in this world. I'm blessed to have a husband who finished school and works hard everyday to support our family. I'm glad I was raised in a good home where we learned responsibility. Things are so much more valuable when earned.

So yes, I love my life! 

In a few other notes:

I should be done with this school program by the end of the month. Now, finding a job to work from home should be interesting.

Our lease is up soon and we might move to a bigger place.

Gary and I have been called back into the primary and are currently teaching the Valiant 10 class.

 I am glad it's March! Spring will soon be here. I am ready for this cold weather to leave! It snowed again a few days ago and it was just too darn cold. I can't wait until it's sunny again.

And now, I have many things to get done today, so off I go. For those who don't have my fertility blog, I started a new medication and it has been doing wonders. So we are hopeful.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Megan said...

It honestly makes me sick to my stomach when I see shows like that and "my super sweet 16" and just all those shows that have people on them who honestly think that the world revolves around them and they can get everything they want for no work or effort on their part. I am also so grateful for parents who taught me how to work and appreciate what I have!!

So glad things are going so well for you. Can't believe you're almost done with school! how exciting! Good luck with teaching primary. ;)

carrin said...

Would you stay in the same complex just a 2 bedroom? Cool, and I'm proud of you with your school!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...