Friday, February 25, 2011

Five Years Ago

 Hello, people.

 Five years ago yesterday, Gary kissed me for the first time. There was young single adult event at the institute building by BC (Bakersfield College) and we left early to go on a date to see a movie. The event was a pajama karaoke party. I remember Gary and some friends sang Bohemian Rhapsody and how hilarious it was. Finally, Gary and I took off for our date. When we were done from the movie, he drove me back to the building to my car but before I got out, he kissed me. I was glowing. I was also very nervous because I knew that had sealed the boyfriend/girlfriend deal, and I contacted a close friend to express my nervousness.

Gary, I gotta say, made the best decision ever! I am so blessed he chose me to be his future wife some months after that kiss, especially when I had a panic attack about becoming serious. We have had a great life together so far and it just keeps getting better. I also love making future plans with him and dreaming about our life ten years from now. I am blessed he has a college education and because of it, we are living a wonderful life in a beautiful city with an amazing ward. We cannot wait to have our first baby, buy our first house and live happily ever after. Although those things haven't come to us yet (we are patiently waiting for the right time), we are just as happy with each other and the way life is now. Being able to live in the moment instead of worry about the future makes life just a little easier. We enjoy our time together and having the ability to go out and do whatever.

We may stay in our apartment for another year, mostly because we don't want to pull from the savings account to make new deposits on a new place (unless I can find a really good deal). We would like more space because we seem to be running out of it, but doing some deep cleaning and throwing out several things may help as well. I would like to stay in our ward if possible. We might even stay in this complex and upgrade to a larger/multiple bedroom apartment. But we'll see. Our lease is up in a few months.

Speaking of more space, Gary would really like a man cave of his own, where he can put his systems, games, a pool table, whatever "man" stuff he wants in there so when he has buddies over, he can enjoy it in his own space. I totally agree he could use something like that. He's always been very organized with his games and systems, and just last night, he bought a bookcase to reorganize some of his games. We are looking to buy another bookcase to put the rest of the games, too.





I think it adds a nice touch to our place (not to mention it surprisingly matches the shelf above). Being able to put all his gaming stuff in an extra room sounds nice too. Now I must keep myself from looking at homes today because it's very tempting to go off and buy one. But, we must be patient and wait!

Anyway, time to head out for the day. Have a great one, everyone!

2 comments:

Megan said...

so sweet. :) I'm so glad that five years later, you still are so happy together. it sure is fun building your happily ever after together, day by day, isn't it?

carrin said...

I can't believe it's been five years, I am glad you found each other. :)

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...