Saturday, February 12, 2011

Keeping Notes, Fun Dinners, and Tea

 Hey y'all. Don't mind the last post, it was mostly for Gary to show his coworkers his Minecraft stuff since sometimes he can't access his e-mail at work. The game is still fantastically fun. I've been building my own hideout in a mountain/dungeon.

 Anyway, life is still good. I'm still continuing to read the BoM and receiving many blessing from it. The other night, around midnight, I was once again reading. For some reason I couldn't sleep. However, I noticed I was becoming fuzzy minded about what I was reading. You know how the book has a lot of information and story? Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I'm reading and I go, "wait, who is this guy again? Where did he come from?" as I find myself flipping back pages. Maybe it's my ADD. But I try to remember everything I previously read so I'm not just "reading words" but understanding what's going on. So, naturally I prayed for better understanding. I then started flipping back the pages and reading parts and summaries to gather the whole story again and the instruction I received was to start writing it all down. So I went to my closet and pulled out an empty notebook. I then wrote a very simple and short summary of who was who and what has happened so far. So next time I'm reading and I can't remember the story I just look at my notebook. I'm pretty sure I may be the only one who summarizes the BoM while reading it, but hey, it works for me! So now when I read I keep notebook nearby so I can note down important stories and people.

Onto another subject. Last night, Gary and I had the opportunity to go to a very fun and special dinner at the DeMasters' beautiful home with 5 other couples (well, 4 others and a wife since her hubby was working). We sat around a candlelit dinner and enjoyed yummy food and delicious red velvet cupcakes. It was a formal dinner party, so we were dressed up to celebrate Valentine's Day. The decorations were very cute and we had a lot of fun. We ended up playing a couple rounds of the Newlywed Game. Gary and I didn't do well the first round but ended up tied for 2nd place in the end. We definitely had a great time and lots of good laughs with everyone. Some of those questions were just awesomely funny. I brought my camera, but only got a picture of us (we had those "prom" pictures which were cute).

 I wish I would've done more with my hair and makeup since everyone looked gorgeous, but oh well. I didn't really have time since I spent all of yesterday running around town. Yesterday before the event was crazy. I had hardly any free time and was also exhausted. At one point while in the mall, I was texting Gary something and walked out the door, not knowing that a man was holding it open for me the whole time. Moments later, I hear him loudly and rudely say aloud, "You're welcome!" I felt pretty embarrassed and thanked him. I probably looked like some spoiled woman too busy on her cell phone to thank people. But man was I busy!

Gary and I have also been into teas lately. No worries, they are the good herbal teas. We make sure to stay away from Camellia sinesis, white, yellow, green, oolong, black, red and post-fermented teas. The "naughty" teas as Gary puts it; and of course they are all caffeine-free. There's a place in the new outdoor mall extension called Teavana. I went by there yesterday and bought a pound of different teas- all fresh herbs by the way, none that were bagged or pre-made. They piled up the fresh herbs in a reusable tin can. It was a bit expensive, but it will last us a good while. The are fruity and delicious and help with the immune system and allergies.

Okay, it's Saturday, so it's time to run away with the husband before I work tonight (bummer, but it's only 4 hours). Time for a fun Saturday with my man!


2 comments:

Megan said...

what?! I thought you looked beautiful! And that picture of you guys turned out really cute! It was definitely a fun night, I'm so glad you didn't have to work, it was great hanging!

oh, and I'm totally the same way sometimes with reading the Book of Mormon... I have to flip back and forth to figure out who someone is, so I think that writing it down is a really good idea!

carrin said...

writing down your summaries is a great idea, I love the picture!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...