Monday, June 28, 2010

To Somebody Very Much Loved...

Thank you for always being such a great example to me. Thank you for raising such a brilliant, hard-working, and loving man, who one day became my husband. No matter what you went through, and what trials life threw at you, you always had a smile on your face. You were always so very humble and kind, and especially welcoming to me. I remember I met you when I first attended Taft ward. Gary and I weren't dating, but I remember you standing at the door as I entered, and greeting me with a smile on your face. I then remember you teaching Sunday school that same Sunday, and I was impressed by the spirit you held.

I later discovered you were my future father-in-law. Gary had taken me over to meet you and Kathy (other mom) for the first time, and I instantly felt loved and welcomed into your home and family. You always had great stories to tell, and never once complained about anything. I felt incredibly blessed when you went from future father-in-law to my father-in-law. You will truly, truly be missed. 



This morning, before 8am, Samuel Pollock (1946-2010), Gary's father, and my father-in-law, passed away after battling cancer for many years. We spent the weekend at his bedside, holding his hand and praying for him to finally find peace. This morning he was able to. He's found freedom, and I'm certain he's already busy with missionary work and continuing to serve the lord.

So, thank you, Sam! We love you.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Our thoughts are with all of you, Emilee. Let me know if there is anything you need or want.

I remember putting together the little scrapbook board things for your reception... Gary's mom sent along a ton of pictures of Gary with his dad- I remember being struck by how very sweet each one was. You can definitely see through those and his example the few times I met him, that he really adored his kids. Maybe especially Gary.

Sarah Smith said...

James just told me the news. My thoughts and prayers are with Gary and you.

Megan said...

Emily, please let us know if there's anything we can do to help make this time a little easier. Although we have the comfort of the Gospel and knowing we'll be reunited again after death, it's still hard to miss someone so dear, and to mourn such a great loss. If there is a service for your father-in-law (who sounds like a wonderful man) please let Josh and I know... we'd like to attend if we can.

You have our prayers and love!

carrin said...

I loved his smile, he was such a sweet man with such a sweet, sweet spirit. He welcomed us too and made us feel special. I remember dad trying to pay for our meal after your temple wedding and he wouldn't let us, said it was his treat, we were part of the family. I was so impressed by the spirit that radiated from him.

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...