Monday, June 14, 2010

Busy Stuff

  I'm pretty sure 90% of my blog titles have the word "stuff", haha. It just shows how creative I am when it comes to making a title. And my life, too :)

Anyway, things have been going pretty well. I don't want to be completely focused on my other blog, I can always blog here, too!

Work has been going pretty well. I had little hours last week, but much more this week. Today is my day off, and it's full of things to get done, like, laundry, vacuuming, cleaning out the animal cages/litter boxes, picking up and tidying up, and running to the store to get necessities we need. Good times, good times. So I decided to stop by for a blog post to keep y'all up to date. It actually makes me kinda miss being a housewife. But that's okay.

My job has been going pretty well. I've been getting customer recognition, which always gives me bonus points, and I've been keeping up with everything needed to be done. As long as I make my managers happy, I'm happy too.

We had employee appreciation week last week, so we were given a 30% off coupon for the store; and adding our employee discount, that's 45% off total. So Gary came into the store, and purchased some cat food, and new kitty condo for the spoiled cats. We don't even have room for the thing, but I'll find a way. I always find a way.





























That's where it's currently at, but I'd like to move it somewhere else. Gary wants it in the living room; so we'll see how I can do this. We're already using enough space with the 2 computers. I also don't seem to understand that orange cat of ours. The idea is to go IN the condo. But he does both, just prefers the very top. Silly boy.

So, things are going pretty well with us. As much as we would like to buy a home, after much prayer, we both received the feeling this isn't where we're supposed to be in the end. So we're holding off.

Speaking of other areas, Gary mentioned a fun trip he would like to take someday. He wants to drive on one of those old routes (like 66, or the sort) across the country; stopping at old motels and eating at old diners. Gary and I have always loved the whole wild west and cowboy times. We would love to someday have our own ranch. I mentioned, "Wouldn't it be nice to live like that? You work on the farm all day, and I'm either at home, or a school teacher?" Back then you wouldn't need an education and all these things to be a teacher. If you were a young female who could read and write, you had the job. Granted, it's nice having an education, and the pay wasn't that much, but still. We would love to live like old times, except well, with running water and upgraded technology. So we'd be clean and would be able to communicate with friends and family much easier, ya know? We'd have dogs and cats, and Dexter would sleep in the barn with the horses. Sounds so nice. I want to move to Missouri.


























Isn't that gorgeous?? Man I wish. Your own lake? I'd be out fishin' everyday.











 The sad part is, we can afford it. We just, well, don't live there. Yes, I am quite a dreamer!


Anyway, that was my fun dreaming for the day, haha. I do love Santa Clarita, I just wish it wasn't so "city" and expensive here. And I am more than blessed with what I have now; Gary with his wonderful, secure job, this beautiful apartment, our church callings, etc. Very blessed.

Now, time for my health update, which would normally be on a separate blog, but I took it down. So warning, may be TMI.

My health has been pretty well I suppose, too. I'm on my feet a lot with my job, so I've lost some more weight, and it was noticeable when I put my belt on. I put it on the tightest notch, and it still had room to spare. I was even complimented at work about how I look thinner. Yay! Still no doctor appointment, though. I probably should set one soon. But right now everything's looking optimistic. 2 regular cycles (well, I wouldn't call them cycles, just, you know, my body starting fresh). But I know this month/last month is a good, strong cycle. I know I ovulated this month, because I felt it. I know my body well enough to know when it's doing what it's supposed to do. I felt it. Not only that, my lady twins (you know what I mean) have been SORE since then. Another indication. Whether or not it results in what I've been hoping for, I'm glad to know my body was on task this month. It's rare to do what it's supposed to do.

In that case, prayers are needed. My body hardly ovulates, probably 2-3 times a year or less, and we would struggle to whip out the money to afford all these fertility treatments our insurance doesn't cover. So considering I actually ovulated this month, I'm definitely hopeful. It's probably not likely I conceived, just because it's me, but still. It's good to have hope. Thanks, everyone, for your love and support, too.

I do feel blessed, though. And old co-worker of mine, who is 26, just lost her husband to cancer. 26 is too young to be planning your husband's funeral. It makes me feel blessed that I still have my husband here with me...and not being able to have a child right now can always be fixed whether through adoption or treatment. I also have friends who have husbands in the military; and only see them every 6 months or so. So yes, I'm definitely blessed with what I have.

Anyway, long post. I have things to do! Bye everyone.

PS- The other night, out of nowhere, Gary received the name of a girl, and said it aloud. He told me he had no idea where it came from, but it came to him and he had a strong feeling about it. I won't tell you the name, but still. It was nice. Guess we'll find out what it means someday, but for now, patience is what's needed.


5 comments:

Megan said...

LOL It's ok that your titles only incluse "stuff" because you elaborate very well in your actual post. ;) I've been waiting for an update! haha

I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever! Ok, it's only been a couple weeks, but still. We need to change that soon. :) I'm glad that you're doing well though, and that works still going alright. And I'll be crossing my fingers and toes and saying my prayers for you guys, for sure, as far as your body goes, and hopefully getting a cute little baby Pollock to join you guys soon. Ovulating is definitely a really good step!

And I hope you guys are able to find a home that you will love soon. Even if now is not the right time, you will know when it is because things will just fall into place. At least that's what happened with us. Out where our house is is a little more "country" than the city of Valencia, if you decided to stay in the Santa Clarita area. You could probably get a lot more in another state though (like, um, a private lake! awesome! except for i hear it's super duper humid out in missouri... but you can't always have everything in life I guess! Nice weather, or cheap property... it's a toss up...)

Anyway, hope you have a wonderful week. It was fun reading an update!

Carla said...

Finally an update! We'll definitely keep you in our prayers. Devonn and I have been talking about how ecstatic we'll be when a little Emilee or Gary Jr. joins the family. You'll have to come visit more often then though so the cousins can play!

carrin said...

Now that home looks exactly like something dad would want to buy, lol, the place too, is it in southern Missouri? Well if you guys do take a nice road trip you have relatives in Northern Arkansas, only 2 hours from Springfield Mo. and Georgia who have beautiful time shares in Florida and South Carolina coasts, lol. He's still working on me, I just love California and being close to my grandkids tooo much! You are always in my prayers, glad your body is somewhat on track now. I love you.

Andrea Le Albee said...

Awe Emilee!
I know how you feel about SCV being too city...I'm in Utah now and I miss the city! Utah feels too country for me lets trade!!;0) I understand the feeling of not feeling 100% sure on where you are suppose to be..I feel that way everyday here in Utah, and it's funny bc its very nice here, we have a nice house that we are renting but it just dosen't feel right.
Well hang in there and as far as health I pray that everything will fall in its place, have faith and hope and blessings will come your way.

Megan said...

Emilee! Thanks for the pep talk on my "i hate packing" post! haha! It made me smile!

And if you and Gary happen to be around this Saturday at 4pm, that's when we're going to start our move. I can't remember if you said your truck was still having some problems, but if it's not and you don't mind bringing that along for us to throw some boxes into, that'd be GREAT too! :) And if not or you have other plans, no worries! Thanks so much!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...