Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Month of Love; and Life Catch-ups

Ah, the month of February. Such a great time of the year! Okay, so it always hasn't been this way, but being married, it definitely is now!




 Speaking of love: I want to thank everybody for the prayers and love given lately. I kid you not; the following morning after posting that blog, I had an incredible peace within me. I knew that Heavenly Father was listening to all prayers being said. I felt very comfortable about our decision as well. So thank you! Thank you for your comments of concern and advice as well! Erin, I definitely thought about what you said when it came to stress...it made perfect sense. I probably would be stressing over the money and test results, so this is much easier on my health.




 As for the progesterone, I have already noticed a bit of a difference, if just a hint. Insomnia is one of them, but I think that may be due to the possible conflict of my thyroid meds. It's not serious, though, I am still sleeping. I also have more energy as well. Hopefully a new cycle will begin, and I'm thinking soon because of some recent mood swings. :)




I guess you could say, at the same time, I've been dealing with an early-life crisis. I'm 24 years old, and I was looking back at my life at all the things I haven't accomplished; and got angry with myself for it. Occasionally I'll feel like I'm going nowhere. I want a job so I could get out and do something, but that's difficult, which leads me to regret not finishing school. I didn't finish school, I can't find a job, and I can't have children; and with all those thoughts in my head I began to feel sorry for myself and got upset. I spent maybe a couple of days crying over this. Finally my husband had to sit me down and snap me out of it. He partially lectured me for acting that way, while at the same time, made it clear he still sticks to his decision to be married to me. He told me I deserve everything good and how he hates to see me hurt. Then pretty much told me to stop whining and DO something about it. It was romantic in a way. That's what I love about my darling husband. Good ol' hubbies.




Of course I regret not finishing school, but I have time, I really do. I'm highly interested in the nursing program at our college, and told Gary I want to pursue that. He said okay, so that's my future plans with school. Hopefully I'll get started this fall. I'll have to start clean, unfortunately, but that's life. I have 40 units from BC, but I hate BC and would rather not deal with them anymore. In fact, I partially blame them for me not finishing school. They kept repeatedly sticking me on academic probation. I saw a counselor a few times to get it cleared, since it was a mistake. In fact, no joke, I'm still on academic probation from that school. Apparently I owe the school money. Of course, when I contacted BC and explained that's not possible, they checked my records and discovered, obviously, I never owed them any money; it was a computer error. Because of these stupid errors, I was unable to register for my classes on several occasions. Eventually I got sick of putting up with them, and gave up. At the same time, I was supporting someone financially who was having issues, so that person became my first priority. I don't blame anyone or anything. It was my decision to give up. But it feels nice to place some blame on that terrible school who continually screwed me over, lol. But who knows? I may not have met my husband had I been a full-time student.




Obviously, one of the greatest ways to feel accomplished in life is service. I'm definitely going to have to kick that up a few notches.




 Anyway, onto a new thing. This last weekend was great! We spent most of our Saturday visiting Gary's parents, then headed to my parents house that evening, where we spent the night and spent Sunday with them. Gary was a part of a baby blessing at my parents ward, so that's why we spent time there. Gary had taken Monday off a week prior to this, so he could have a day to himself we when got back. Which he totally did. He finished his Mass Effect 2 game and spent a little time with me. I didn't care he spent a lot of his day on his games. Some women can't stand when their men play video games, but I've never cared. He has a great job, he's active in the church, and he's a good man...so he gets to play games all he wants in between. Of course it would be a different story if he put game playing above top priorities, but luckily my man can prioritize.




The weather here is silly. One day it's raining, then it's sunny, then it's raining again. In fact, it was raining this morning, but now it's clearing up and the sun is coming out. The temperatures have stayed within the 50's, so it's pretty cold, but the sun is wonderful. In fact, the weather is just simply beautiful here. All of you probably know by now I'm a huge weather fan. The weather can seriously affect my mood. The poor little orange cat hasn't been able to go outside as often as he wants to, but it's just too cold for that. Poor baby.




Let's see, what else? There's really not much else to update right now. I need to charge my camera so I could start taking random pictures of things again! Oh, and Grannie will be here with us on Sunday to visit our ward and the singles fireside that evening. It would be great if she could meet someone here.




K, that's all for now. Later!

3 comments:

Carla said...

I'm excited about your school plans! At BC, due to the budget, they're no longer accepting students into any certificated program- including nursing. Plus there was always a LONG waitlist. Hopefully that's not the case where you'll be going. If you end up needing to transfer your units anyway, hopefully you can take care of all of it online.

Have fun!!

PS- Don't forget that FAFSAs are due by March 2nd.

Megan said...

i totally know how you feel about sometimes feeling like you're not living up to the goals you want to accomplish. Good thing we have husbands to keep us in line and remind us of our worth. I hope that everything works out with you going back to school--that's an excellent goal! Josh is hoping to finish his degree soon too, so you'll be in the same boat! He's going to be doing an online college though, so it'll be a little different I guess.

carrin said...

yay for you Emilee, I saw Mrs. Verdugo and she said to say hi to her darling Emilee, I told her where you are living and mentioned you might go back to school up there, then I read your blog, glad you decided to, and definitely get your units, it's a simple process, keep me posted!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...