Thursday, June 9, 2016

My TWO Year Old!

Last Sunday, this cute dude turned 2!! Where has the time gone (seriously, where?)?? He is just loads of fun and I enjoy every moment with him!



Milestones:

Weight: 22 lbs. (still little!)
Height: 33"

Doctor says he's long and lean! His BMI is normal, despite how little he weighs. May be tall someday!

He can count to 10
He knows all his ABCs
He LOVES to sing nursery rhymes. He sings them all day long. Twinkle Twinkle, Rain Rain Go Away, Wind the Bobbin Up, an Ice cream song he loves...the list goes on. He'll even sing himself to sleep.

Speaking of sleep, we transitioned him to a toddler bed a month or so before little brother was born. Where does he sleep? The floor. By the door. With his blankie, stuffed animals, and a collection of pillows. Well, at least he's sleeping, right?

Alex still loves the outdoors, running laps, getting into anything messy (dirt, mud, etc.), loves collecting rocks, and is just complete boy. He's also fascinated with space. Stars, moon, sun, galaxies, etc. He's the best! He's also adjusting okay to little brother. It's been hard, I'll admit, especially when he starts crying because I can't immediately play with him. From there, he will do ANYthing to get my attention; good or bad! Ugh. Thankfully baby is sleeping more though, so I do my best to carve out anytime I can with him.

Anyway, we didn't have a big party for him this year, but we did have our own little celebration at home with a Ninja Turtles cake (he loves TMNT). We probably carved that one into him with all his action figures he still can't play with ;).

I love this boy with all my heart!!


1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh, sweet boy! Happy 2nd Birthday, little man! Love that smile of his. He's getting so big, and I've always thought he looked like Gary but I totally see a lot of you in him now. Funny how that happens as they get older! I'm sorry that the adjustment with the new baby hasn't been perfect, but I promise it gets better! Soon enough they'll be the best of friends and play with (and torment) each other and it's the best!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...