Sunday, June 26, 2016

Updates

 So, a few updates!

 We are all doing well and hanging in there! We have some cool news, but we'll talk about that later. For now, here's how things have been going!

 It's definitely been hot and humid here in Texas. I can tell there are heat waves going on in California too! Whew. Because of a new baby, we've mostly been inside. However, a few times I've taken Alex to splash pads with his friends just so he can get out and move! And play in water, of course. We've also had some playdates at the homes of other moms. Anything I can do to get this kid out, or else he dismantles the place. Seriously. It's so hard to spend time feeding the baby while Alex practically destroys everything in site- and he knows I can't immediately jump up and do anything about it. Little stinker. He has gotten better at accepting Gabe is here though, but it's still a big adjustment for him.


Wouldn't nap in his room, so we gave up and brought him out. Moments later...

Loves splash pads!


Little Gabe himself is doing great too! He's finally doing stretches at night. Well, one stretch, usually between 5-6 hours, which is pretty sweet. It's my only chance to get a stretch of sleep myself, so I try to go sleep as soon as he's down for the night. After that, he's up every couple of hours- and we can be up for almost an hour each time, giving me just about an hour to sleep at at time. So mornings can be hard, but we're making it through! Mornings in general can be pretty hard. He won't nap or sleep unless I'm with him or holding him. Baby wearing isn't always an option either (chasing a 2 year old), so I do the best I can. And as I mentioned, this is Alex's time to destroy everything in site. Sigh. I gave up on trying to keep things clean around here, Lol.


He's doing real smiles!!

His typical sleep face, LOL


As for myself, I'm doing well. I'm tired, of course, but it is picking up and getting better. I'm taking a break this semester and will get back into the swing of things next month.  Like I said, mornings can be rough, but it all gets better and easier by the end of the day. I absolutely love staying home with my sweet boys though. They are such a blessing, and I know someday I'm going to look back and totally miss these days and moments. I was browsing pictures of Alex when he was in his first year and it totally made me miss his crawling, giggling days. It was so much fun watching him reach his milestones, and I'm excited to do it all over again with Gabe. Gabe is bigger than Alex was at this age and will likely be bigger in general, so we'll see how and when he reaches those mobile milestones! Love my boys.

Also, I mentioned in a couple of posts back we had a rough start with nursing due to the ties in his mouth. Well, a few days after his procedure, I had complete relief! No pain! It's been pain-free since and awesome. I still have to tweak and adjust his latch often since he spent most of his little life learning one way, but he's getting there. A week after that, I had the lactation consultant come back and do another weighed feed, and it was discovered my supply had more than doubled since last time. So, thankfully it's been uphill. He still gets a bottle every now and then though, especially when I need a break from nursing or things are crazy and it's just easier that way. Like I said, I'm not going to stress over it this time around. Full is full. Full= happy baby which = happy mommy.

Anyway, we are doing well. Gary's still enjoying his job, and his co-workers are awesome. I forgot to mention they threw me a baby shower before Gabe was born, and it was great! Gary's been such a great help and dad. I love when I come out of hibernation to notice the dishes and kitchen clean, and Gary playing with Alex. Seriously love. He's been so patient with me, and will ask if he can help in the night if he hears the baby crying (or me getting stressed if we've been up for a couple of hours, knowing I have to get Alex up soon). Love my man!


No comments:

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...