Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter 2015

      Wow, it's definitely been awhile since I've posted! Alex had just turned 8 months, but now he is 10 months! Time definitely flies by.

     We headed to Bakersfield to see my family on Saturday afternoon, and had a fun visit. Gary and I went to the mall with Quinn and Miguel, and did a little shopping. I got new running/athletic shoes, and thanks to Miguel's JC Penny rewards, I got $20 off of them. That was so neat! I love them! He says now I owe him 20 miles, so it's time I get running again!

     Anyway, that evening, when family was all over and we were sitting around chatting (Gary was napping in the chair, and I was on my Chromebook viewing a few things), I heard everyone call out, "he's walking!!" Now, Alex for the past few weeks has been pushing off and standing on his own, but he had only taken maybe 1 step toward something before leaning against it for support. So, I just sort of glanced down at him, thinking that's what they were talking about. Well, make that glance a double-take, because he was actually walking. He stood up on his own, and started walking across the living room. We all woke Gary up to get his attention. So, now we have a wobbly walker!


     There he goes! That was pretty neat!

     That night, the 3 of us slept really well! I woke up around 7, Alex around 7:30, and Gary around 8. I made breakfast that morning- breakfast burritos with has brown potatoes, turkey sausage and bacon, eggs, sauteed vegetables, and hot sauce. Yum!

     After the 2nd session of beautiful conference, more family came over and Alex had his first Easter egg hunt! He loved it! He found 2 money ones, so he was able to get a couple of dollars. Here are pictures from the day!

He's so cute! He would pick up the eggs he saw and throw them into his basket. Smart kiddo.





He tore into that basket and threw everything out the moment he had a chance!





      We all had a fun, successful Easter! Not only did he sleep great, he had 2 amazing naps too! Also, yesterday morning was his final Keppra dose. Woo hoo!

      I love my family so much, and am grateful for the sacrifices our Savior made. I'm grateful for the resurrection and atonement, too! I really enjoyed the spirit during conference- makes me feel very loved by our Heavenly Father!

     Anyway, our "awesome" napper is throwing a full tantrum right now because he wants mommy to hold him to help him nap. He fell in his crib when he pulled the mobile (the base rotated and knocked him down), and so I went in to soothe him. He was NOT happy I left! Letting him cry a little doesn't seem to be working. He is mad! So, off I go. 

1 comment:

Carla said...

I'm assuming he has done completely fine off the Kepra? Such a CUTE baby. We were really excited that we got to be there for his first steps. :)

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...