Saturday, February 7, 2015

Our Big 8 Month Old

How is it possible this kid just keeps growing the way he does??

Alex turned 8 months old on the 29th of January. Big kid! So, a few things.

He is still crawling all over the place, of course. But now, instead of both knees, he uses one knee and one foot, meaning he is WAY faster!

He still stands and walks against objects, and a couple of times, pushed off and held his balance without support before falling to his bottom shortly after. He's trying! When we try and walk with him though, he's more interested in crawling. However, whenever I take him to a playground with other kids, he tries standing up on his own.

He mimics sounds and facial expressions now. I love it! Tongue clicking, lip smacking, tongue sticking out, etc. He watches us, smiles, and copies!

Alex first started saying "dada" about two weeks ago, regularly. I don't think he quite understands who "dada" IS, but one evening, I was feeding him, and Gary walked by. He stopped, turned, smiled at him, and said, "dada". Smarty pants! He also says "baba" and "mama".

Speaking of smarty pants, this kid will figure anything out! He climbs over objects to get to things, and when I block them off, he'll creatively find a way. The other day, I put him in his Pack N' Play so I could take a short cat nap. He stood up and was able to reach the lamp on my night stand. So, I moved everything back and out of reach, then close my eyes. Moments later, I heard shuffling, clanging, dragging, and surprisingly, my lamp being moved. I opened my eyes and noticed he had dragged his ladybug toy over to that corner, stood on top of it, then went after my lamp. He is too much!! We are in trouble.




Alex eats solids about 3 times per day now. Since around Christmastime, he started waking up in the night just screaming and would refuse to go back to sleep until he ate. It was frustrating since he was a 12 hour sleeper before that. So, I started adding in more solids, and now he sleeps better. About a week ago, he started sleeping through the night again. I needed that!

We love traveling and going park-hopping. We visit different parks in Los Angeles, and it's so much fun! 


Making friends. He and these sweet boys had so much fun together!

My happy guy!



He kicks his legs and laughs just by SEEING the swing. It's a world of fun when he actually gets to swing. 


He loves: water!!, playing in the sand, being outside, going places, car rides, chewing on everything, especially fabrics, pulling off his socks, climbing, food, being tickled and kissed, and banging objects. He still dislikes: getting dressed, being "messed" with like adjusting his seat belt, buttons, putting items on him, etc. He is very opinionated and has developed a loud scream if he wants something he sees but can't get to it (like a bottle). He throws little temper tantrums too. It's kinda cute :). But those are usually minimal and only when he's tired and/or super hungry. Otherwise, he's mostly a happy, laughing, fun, and sweet baby! Seriously, just easy and happy most of the time.

Another habit of his is sucking his thumb while holding a blankie, or some sort of cloth, including clothes of his he'll find laying around (especially pajamas). It's automatic. This is just like his Uncle Quinn when he was a baby. 


Sucking his thumb while holding his pajamas


Anyway, I love this child so dang much!! 

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm just now getting a chance to catch up on reading blogs! So this is old news at this point, but I still think it's amazing that he's so mobile. These boys definitely are growing so fast! I just love Alex's big smile and dimples. He's one handsome little dude!

Growing Up

  So...time slows down, when? It has to sometime, right?   I missed posting in the month of May, where two pretty big days took place!  ...